food green chile soup

muskymojo said:
That would be good with some chicken or pork in it.

CHICKEN or PORK???

Jeff H said:

Trust.

I know this gluten free vegetarian (aka: the wife, or pain in the azz to cook for)  who would like this recipe quite a bit. Hold the Hab though (for her).

VEGETARIAN??? GLUTEN FREE???

JayT said:
I think it would make a helluva base for posole.  You know, the soup that I made to beat Sumofmybits for a throwdown crown.

PO maf'kin' SOLE???

JayT said:
attachicon.gif
images (2).jpg

If anyone suggests making green chile stew with rabbit. I'm outta here!!!  :drunk:

dash 2 said:

VEGETARIAN??? GLUTEN FREE???

It is a real nightmare to cook for, I'll tell you that for sure. Vegetarian by choice for a number of years. Gluten free is a recent twist due to medical issues. I still keep her around though.

sicman said:
Nice find Jeff. I found another ghost post from Pooks himself that was 20 minutes after this one.  THP what is the first post that was made on this forum?

And look how much more traffic this thread gets 10 years later. It would have been totally lost without your game. My hat's off to you Siccy.

Thanks for letting me know who started that!

Making it today for my wife she is sick. I'm just using the pablanos and adding habs and serranos to my bowl. She doesn't like things very hot.

I have a huge bucket of unripe peppers that would be perfect for this, time to make a grocery store run for the rest of the ingredients!

I don't have any poblano though...plenty of cayennes...might substitute them in...maybe a serrano or two...dammit now im hungry lol!

SavinaRed said:
Making it today for my wife she is sick. I'm just using the pablanos and adding habs and serranos to my bowl. She doesn't like things very hot.

sreinhard88 said:
I have a huge bucket of unripe peppers that would be perfect for this, time to make a grocery store run for the rest of the ingredients!

I don't have any poblano though...plenty of cayennes...might substitute them in...maybe a serrano or two...dammit now im hungry lol!
Wheres the pics? It will be more than Pooks ever did :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

I have a plethora of pics I need to post and update my glog, did my last harvest for the season a few days ago and I had my girlfriend on camera duty.  I can at least upload these real quick.  Looks like quite a few are starting to ripen!  :dance:

10689855_10152761907554099_393168903519197979_n.jpg

1011751_10152761907544099_8734085986499354014_n.jpg

here ya go and my wife likes veggies so I put some zucchini, celery, corn and black beans in the soup with some grilled chicken cut up. The flavor was off the hook. I will be growing pablano peppers next year just for this soup it is that good. I sauteed onion, garlic, celery and zucchini for 15 minutes then added the puree along with chicken broth instead of vegetable broth. 

Attachments

• soup.jpg
    soup.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 69
  • soup1.jpg
    soup1.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 66
SavinaRed said:
 The flavor was off the hook. I will be growing pablano peppers next year just for this soup it is that good. 

You think that's good… Wait 'til you try a batch made with roasted green (or red :shocked:  :crazy: ) New Mexico chiles next year!

Back