food green chile soup

dash 2 said:

You think that's good… Wait 'til you try a batch made with roasted green (or red :shocked:  :crazy: ) New Mexico chiles next year!
whats the difference between the pablano's roasted and the NM chili ?

SavinaRed said:
whats the difference between the pablano's roasted and the NM chili ?

Roasted New Mexico chiles (Anaheim, Joe E. Parker, Big Jim etc…) have way more flavor, imo. I think they're one of the best tasting/smelling foods on the planet. One variety or another is in my garden every year just for recipes like this.

dash 2 said:

Roasted New Mexico chiles (Anaheim, Joe E. Parker, Big Jim etc…) have way more flavor, imo. I think they're one of the best tasting/smelling foods on the planet. One variety or another is in my garden every year just for recipes like this.
I'll grow an Anaheim next year. Are they smaller that a pablano pepper ?

SavinaRed said:
I'll grow an Anaheim next year. Are they smaller that a pablano pepper ?

Go to the New Mexico State University Chile Pepper Institue's webpage. They have a store where they sell seeds. Anaheims are good, but look for Heritage Big Jims or Heritage Joe E. Parker.   http://www.chilepepperinstitute.org/cart/seeds/nmsu_varieties/

edit: Better yet, in the coming days I need to order some seeds from CPI. If you want, I could send you a few each of Heritage Big Jim (already have), Heritage 6-4 and Joe E. Parker to try.

dash 2 said:

Go to the New Mexico State University Chile Pepper Institue's webpage. They have a store where they sell seeds. Anaheims are good, but look for Heritage Big Jims or Heritage Joe E. Parker.   http://www.chilepepperinstitute.org/cart/seeds/nmsu_varieties/

edit: Better yet, in the coming days I need to order some seeds from CPI. If you want, I could send you a few each of Heritage Big Jim (already have), Heritage 6-4 and Joe E. Parker to try.
I'm in :)

SavinaRed said:
here ya go and my wife likes veggies so I put some zucchini, celery, corn and black beans in the soup with some grilled chicken cut up. The flavor was off the hook. I will be growing pablano peppers next year just for this soup it is that good. I sauteed onion, garlic, celery and zucchini for 15 minutes then added the puree along with chicken broth instead of vegetable broth. 

hell man! This looks delicious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back