• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Greetings from Peru

Wow, well I am jealous of your trip. The farthest out of the US that I have gotten to is Niagara Falls...:lol: and that isn't too far either. Someday, I would love to travel.

This is how the Rocoto pepper is used here in Peru. They make a sauce with it and it is then used to spice up your meal. You use as much as you want or as much as you can handle which is my case LOL
mijg3k.jpg

Today the Rocoto sauce was used to spice up a soup known here as San con chado. You also squeeze the lime juice in the soup. This is one of my favorite soups here in Peru.
5nq7vn.jpg

I'll bet the food's great. Really cool scenery pics too, thanks for sharin'. You're prob in the highlands now, but you gonna get another shot to fish before you head home? What were you going for when you were? Happen to know the water temp?

Sweet rocotos too btw!

That soup looks really good especially with the hot sauce.

To think I'm sitting here eating Taco Hell while I'm looking at that.

I am back home now and actually glad to be. I have some seeds of the peppers and other veggies to try next year. Cant wait to plant the Yellow Rocotos.
For those of you that grow Rocotos, it is best to plant them very early. Like in November! They are grown up in the cooler areas of the mountains and will not fruit when it gets too hot in the Sumnmer. I have learned this during the past 2 years of trying to grow them

Welcome home Brian, glad you guys are all safe and sound.

In the second pic of post #36 in the middle of the photo along that large "crack" in the mountain I think I can see a Yeti. Did you meet any while you were there?:P

Tell the ladies I said hi and talk with you later.

Hey, I got a new bug thanks to huntsman. Extatosoma tiaratum

I have lots of Caihua seeds. I was given them by a friend who grew them thinking it was some kind of pepper. When the fruits are young there is a spongy flesh inside, but as it matures, it becomes hollow. Great for stuffing, and VERY healthy!

Next year I wanna do some Pubescens, so thanks for the advice Brian!

Back