Greetings from the frozen north

Hello everyone, new pepper head from MN USA. With a fresh foot of snow on the ground i wanted to think about something warm. My friends hab's last summer were the warmest think i could think of.:hell:

I have Bhut Jolokia, Fatali, Goat Horn, and greek pepperoncini seeds on my kitchen counter. When i get back from christmas travels they will be planted and put under lights to get going for spring.

I don't think i want to eat them raw, i'd like to experiment with some hot sauce recipes to see what i can come up with.

Edit - any other suggestions for peppers to grow? I have the heat covered, what varieties have some good or different flavors?

Hello and welcome from Australia.

all you need to know about hot sauce making is here......

and you will be eating them raw by the time we are through with you...:lol:

Welcome from Ohio.

Besides making hot sauce and eating them raw, by the time you're done here, your grow list will be longer than you can now imagine. :lol:

Thanks folks - my garden is only 16x24, i might need to go bigger. I need a few tomato plants and some squash, the rest is peppers this year. :)

Pepperfreak said:
Welcome from Ohio.

Besides making hot sauce and eating them raw, by the time you're done here, your grow list will be longer than you can now imagine. :lol:

Ain't that the truth! Three years ago I was happy with the regular old orange hab and jalapeno, then traded some tomato seeds for the bhut and the generous trader sent me 12 different varieties to try. Now, I will be growing at least 40 varieties in the upcoming season, more if I can find the seeds. This hobby is quite addicting and I love it!

Merry Christmas!
jacob

Welcome from lower SW Minnesota. Snowed in with you too, but it's pretty. I noticed you mentioned not enough room...if all else fails grow in containers. Anyway glad you found us, you're gonna like it here.

Welcome!!!
I used to live in Duluth as well as Owatonna. I had a difficult time finishing my peppers in Duluth before the cold set in. Not sure where you are, but you may want to grow them in pots, so that you can finish the later finishing peppers indoors.

Back