• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

contest Growdown: Prik Kee Noo Suan!: Prik a peck of peppers!

Roots look great Scratch.

I'm out of town now and don't know if I can post this pic from my phone, but I have buds!!! But also a couple of shriveling leaves bear the growth tips, so I need to keep an eye on them.

[IMG https://plus.google.com/app/basic/photos/102669198925849957944/album/5839251981050188049/5861520318762750514?cbp=e9injqvcc42j&sview=20[/img]

Stupid phone wont let me get the correct URL for the photo. Pic will have to wait until Sunday. By then i'll have a new pic anyway.

Ok, I'll try to post a pic this weekend I'm pretty busy all week, but my PK is doing something I haven't seen any of my other peppers do. It appears as if there are 2 plants growing from one stem. For the longest time all I had were cotys, now I have the cotys and four little leaves split into what looks like 2 seperate plants. Is this normal?

You planted 2 seeds, and let both grow together... It isn't normal... ITS CHEATING!!!! LOL

Anyway I have no clue what it is doing without a picture. And my bunghole sprayer is working great. I better add some rapid start to it also or some other kind of snake oil, I will have a picture tomorrow.

EVERYONE UPDATE TIME!!! All those who are quiet. Wake UP!! POST A PICTURE EVERYONE!!! EVERYONE MUST HAVE AT LEAST ONE PICTURE UP BY NEXT WEEK THURSDAY!!

Here is mine! Its got about 40 pods on it right now.

Untitled by GhostPepperStore.com, on Flickr

LOL, now that you have all had heart attacks, here is the real set of "competition plants". They are definitely behind, but they get a pot upgrade and fertilizer upgrade this weekend.

And just for giggles, since I didn't attempt a grow log this year. Here are about half of the Chinenses. I am not looking forward to getting them all in the ground next month.

Here is mine. Small, but looking healthy I potted it up about a week ago.

IMG_0003_zps5fc1d7c5.jpg

Pepperhead - I have seen that before, on more than just prik kee nu. That happens sometimes when the top growth gets pinched really early. I saw it happen to a whole tray of plants last fall. I had a thrip problem and the thrips absolutely killed the second set of leaves when they were really small, all the plants in that tray ended up branching really early. Shouldn't be anything to worry about, other than it stunts them a little. You will have a nice wide plant in the end.

[font=comic sans ms']here is the tallest[/font]
534098_10200405014302494_1742514697_n.jpg

[font=comic sans ms']and the lot[/font]
533336_10200405015662528_398388633_n.jpg

Looking great Pshngo, They are looking stronger than Dan's, but I don't know how that can be since his system is proven to be the best :D

Okay, here was the photo I wanted to post earlier this week when I was out of town.

IMAG0162.jpg

Looking good but you can see the new leaves are growing shriveled and stunted.

And a photo from today.

IMAG0203.jpg

I trimmed up the shriveled leaves a little after I took the photo. It seems that a good portion of my plants go through a phase where the leaves look like this. I haven't figured out exactly why, but I do spray them for broad mites whenever I see this as it seems to be the general consensus for leaves looking like this, but most of my plants seem to grow out of it. Until I figure out what it is, I figure it is just an opportunity to trim branches so that it starts more growth tips to become a giant bush.

Pepperhead - I have seen that before, on more than just prik kee nu. That happens sometimes when the top growth gets pinched really early. I saw it happen to a whole tray of plants last fall. I had a thrip problem and the thrips absolutely killed the second set of leaves when they were really small, all the plants in that tray ended up branching really early. Shouldn't be anything to worry about, other than it stunts them a little. You will have a nice wide plant in the end.
DShlogg said the same thing, and maybe something happened to the top without me knowing, like it died off as it grew or something. It seemed to stall and there was what looked like no growth for a little while. I thought it was over. It's definately my most unusual and coolest growth this year..

So I moved mine into a larger bucket last night, so I hadtotake some updated pics.

0590f8ecf9d676cdeb59c7dbf105976a_zpsc064db5c.jpg

Everyone else is looking great! Buds already Jeff! Good for you. Good luck getting that leaf issue under control.

Damn scratch I was worried until you posted that last picture with the lighter. It looked huge until I saw the size reference. It is dense though. Super dense!

Yeah, I figured I'd put that lighter there for comparison. You're right though super dense, maybe the densest seedling I've ever had. I topped it very early on to keep it shorter until I'm ready to put it under the big light.

So, lets talk technique.... What is everybody doing with their babies?

Mine are in a 2 gallon DWC bucket, with 1 gallon total nutrient mix. I'm currently feeding full strength general hydroponics flora series (3t grow, 2t micro, 1t bloom per gallon of h2o). The lights are in 24/7, and consist of 3 17watt fluorescent tubes at 4100k. I keep my room temps at 77f constantly.

Mine is in a 5 gallon aeroponic bucket which has 2 gallons of full strength botanicare pureblend pro grow. I mix 3 tsp of nutes per gallon along with 2 tsp per gallon of cal mag. PH up is added to get PH to 5.5 and TDS is about 1530 ppm right now. The pump runs for 45 seconds every 5 minutes 24/7 and I have it sharing a single 125 watt CFL in a flourowing along with my 2 moruga scorpion dwc's. I also spray the leaves with light nute solution every day and i talk to it. My lights are on 18 hrs a day

mine are in 1 gallon pots with my "super"soil in indirect sunlight feeding it full strength fish ferts, micro nuts, and kelp. next feeding will get some soil blast

Back