• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

contest Growdown: Prik Kee Noo Suan!: Prik a peck of peppers!

I finally got to feed my plants some nutrients this morning, hopefully the rain will stay away for a few days.
KZNZNiP.jpg

1p2pamu.jpg

Hey, alright! Lock is podding up!

Here's my Monday update.

This thing is getting huge!
4e0526e2d98259b2532595ae6d86b301_zps9ca41760.jpg

12bb69f4269944b6fd643e24e1c3bd29_zps79fd3c83.jpg

8ec9a7982c4c42473fc341f1c9ca4e46_zps079af7e2.jpg

c33e59c9ddc556499640732e267d7a3d_zps5121a404.jpg

e65ed769d5f60f03becc05410a6c5ab4_zps06455608.jpg

I have about 10 big sized pods deep in towards the center of the bush, but I just can't get in there for a good enough pic to show you guys. It's seriously like a jungle in there.

I think the real challenge is going to be 'who can find the most pods on their plant'. I think you are going to be surprised at how hard they are to spot when you are looking at several hundred.

Scratch... I am expecting that plant to get close to 1000!

It would be awesome to make a sauce with these peppers, I don't think anyone would ever do it just because of the absolute nightmare harvesting enough of them would be. Believe me, its going to take you a whole day when it comes time to harvest that one big plant.

I actually plan on making some sauce with this. And drying some for flakes or powder. I don't mind spending a day pulling peppers once in a while.

theghostpepperstore said:
It would be awesome to make a sauce with these peppers, I don't think anyone would ever do it just because of the absolute nightmare harvesting enough of them would be. Believe me, its going to take you a whole day when it comes time to harvest that one big plant.
That's why I put my second one next to the fence in my community garden plot. I figure if someone wants to steal some peppers, might as well let them grab as many as they want from one of these instead of going after my less prolific varieties in the center.

Jamison said:
Mine is sooo tiny compared to everyone elses! 

It's alright.  Yours is a bit bigger than mine.  I just planted it in it's final bucket though so watch out!  I'm expecting a big surge soon.

Here is mine as of today. It's a lot bigger. I did a bite change and gave it full power bloom mix with hydroplex bud maximizer and calmag. TDS is 1640 ppm. Very high now and will stay that way until the end.

null_zps93750403.jpg

Don't get me wrong but I think this competition will have to be extended. There is no way we will have enough harvestable pods in like 40 days. They won't ripen in time...

They do not take nearly as long as supers to ripen, usually 10-15 days. Also, I think since we decided to go by pod count, that we were going to count green and red pods towards the total.

Back