• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

contest Growdown Throwdown 2014 Tallest plant

Had three seeds in the Aero. They all germinated so I took the two small guys and put em outside . Three is mo better than one  :party:

photo_zps94a17e46.jpg

Here are my contenders...

oh...and one little guy that is feeling a bit bullied. I have 5 more, but they're all small by comparison. Will show the whole family next weekend. Was a little worried about the cupping leaves, but they appear to flatten themselves out as they grow...

Hope everyone else is doing terrible well!

Good luck all of you guys! Let the best win.

Last year we had in Holland a similar growcontest, organized by the Dutch chilli pepper forum.
http://www.chillipeper.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?t=988

The winner reached 3.02 m, my Brazilian Starfish reached 2.82 m, good for the second place :-)

Still nothing for me. Actually I'm surprised this time around. I did use a lot of OLD seeds for about half of my germ tray(the aji chunchos were taken off the plant long after the winter death) so I expected longer germ times, but if things don't start popping soon I'll be forced to re sow! I still have fresh seeds from last year though so no worries. You guys are ROCKIN!

On my first sowing of chuncos I soaked seeds overnight in hydrogen peroxide. They took a long time to germinate! I started a second batch and soaked in salt petre, they germinated in 9 days, just starting to surface. Maybe a salt petre soak will help for those who are replanting. 

Back