• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

contest Growdown Throwdown 2018 Yellow Brain Strain!

Teaks said:
What the heck im in central/ southern Indiana and still have no seeds
Our countries postal and shipping system is in overload, give it a day or two.

I REALLY need some encouragement to get seeds in the germ chamber on the first this year. Ive got sooo much going on but I loved the state of the garden due to my early germinations in 2017. Ive got an uber PC build for my son and a stereo install for Mrs Guru on Christmas Day .. ughh

stettoman said:
Yeah, I'd killed my competition plant three times before I switched to the right diesel. The kerosene, I believe, was Geonerd's advice.

LIES!!!!!

I would never advocate using anything half as wimpy as mere Diesel!  :rolleyes: 
Bunker oil and road tar are FAR more effective in that they stick tenaciously to the foliage, allowing more time for the vital nutrients to be absorbed.

Anything thinner than this is not even worth mentioning! 

bunker-oil-500x500.jpg

Pepper-Guru said:
Our countries postal and shipping system is in overload, give it a day or two.

I REALLY need some encouragement to get seeds in the germ chamber on the first this year. Ive got sooo much going on but I loved the state of the garden due to my early germinations in 2017. Ive got an uber PC build for my son and a stereo install for Mrs Guru on Christmas Day .. ughh
I've had a lot of delays this year, my girlfriend even ordered her gift for me the 8th on Amazon prime and it won't be here till the 26th.

So, I'm just hoping to get seeds germinating on the 1st as well.

BTW, I'm assuming PayPal info is in the letter? Idt I have been told a way to chip in to help pay for all this.
If someone else has the papal info don't post it here he doesn't want to public.

KAOS said:
Let the KAOS commence.

Its gonna be good to spank the Northern Hemisphere with a winter grow.

Not quite sure how you're gonna do that, unless you live on an active volcano or something  :hot:  

(Of course, half the surface of New Zealand is located in a volcano crater!  ;) )

Next year could you please use a source of seeds that is not open pollinated? In the interest of actually providing the "level field for genetics" that is such a big thing for you? I am very interested in participating, but don't have the space for a bunch of plants at once to weed out potential duds (like you suggested).

Thanks!

Illsstep said:
Next year could you please use a source of seeds that is not open pollinated? In the interest of actually providing the "level field for genetics" that is such a big thing for you? I am very interested in participating, but don't have the space for a bunch of plants at once to weed out potential duds (like you suggested).

Thanks!
Sure. Anything else we can do for you?

Looking at images for these peppers I see shapes similar to SB moa or long pods like Scopions

Which pod shape is true Brain Strain?

Back