• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

contest Growdown Throwdown 2023

You agree to send your SASBE for the seeds, to PARTICIPATE and send back bulk seeds to me.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Skullbiker,
I acquired some seeds from the seed-train. I should have made better notes of who's they were from.
I remember they were labeled giant jalapeno.
The peppers have some decent heat and taste. I'm going to make some serious poppers or armadillo eggs.
I can send you some seeds if you would like some.

Downriver,
I can't wait to see what you have that might teach me my lesson!

Would be interesting to see that seed train, I sent out seeds labeled giant jalapenos, but not on any seed train. Didn't know what else to call them, but they were from Mexico. LOL

Another ridiculous weigh-in for me! New total of 405 g.

20230924.jpg

Skullbiker,
I acquired some seeds from the seed-train. I should have made better notes of who's they were from.
I remember they were labeled giant jalapeno.
The peppers have some decent heat and taste. I'm going to make some serious poppers or armadillo eggs.
I can send you some seeds if you would like some.

Downriver,
I can't wait to see what you have that might teach me my lesson!

I grew the Giant Jalapeno from the Seed-Train as well. I was looking at my seed inventory a bit ago, and it says they were 2021 seeds from PexPeppers.

I grew the Giant Jalapeno from the Seed-Train as well. I was looking at my seed inventory a bit ago, and it says they were 2021 seeds from PexPeppers.

I just looked at their website, it only shows 2 varieties of seeds……..no jalapenos.
My hunt will continue for big jalapenos with good flavor and decent heat.

Last edited:
For all those in the Longest Jalapeno contest, please POST YOUR ENTRY as an overhead shot using a tape measure/ruler BY OCT 4th!

Well, here's my first entry. The Boss keeps adding new rules, so I don't know if this is the "right" way to measure an entry or not, but I thought I'd throw it out there anyway, ha. Now, if this one comes up "short", I think he's got some siblings still on the plant that are even longer. If I need to, I'll go down and look, but that's probably not gonna be necessary. :D

Mutijala Jalapeno F6 (@Fatalii Attraction)
Pepper - Mutijala F6 IMG_20230923_103402683~2.jpg

Well, here's my first entry. The Boss keeps adding new rules, so I don't know if this is the "right" way to measure an entry or not, but I thought I'd throw it out there anyway, ha. Now, if this one comes up "short", I think he's got some siblings still on the plant that are even longer. If I need to, I'll go down and look, but that's probably not gonna be necessary. :D

Now that’s one long jalapeño!

Incredible how different they now look! amazing pepper. I humbly honor that submission. Bravo.

FA

Hey folks.

Full transparency: This jalapeño was from a seed I got in the 2023 seed train on THP. It was labeled Chernobyl Jalapeño. It looks like it crossed with a Numex variety. I’ll let the judges make the determination of eligibility

Attachments

• IMG_2607.jpeg
    IMG_2607.jpeg
    124.5 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Probably last "big" pull for this season on my pepapeach plant

20231006_154004.jpg

The pods are getting smaller and more red pods.
20231006_155101.jpg

Total harvested so far 2463+650= 3113 grams

Little video after stripping her:

Next year im going to work on my branch management, they droop a lot.

Last edited:
Back