• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

contest Growdown Throwdown 2023

You agree to send your SASBE for the seeds, to PARTICIPATE and send back bulk seeds to me.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1005231707.jpg

1069g more.
Up to 2956g

@Downriver is the winner of the longest jalapeno!
@ColdSmoke is the winner of the longest pepper*!😆
*jalapeno?
ENJOY your EXTREME Memberships or extensions!
@mcbob
@Fatalii Attraction
@Tinkerbelle
Great entries as well!
Thank you for having a little fun in this side wager!

Hey! Lookie, lookie! I won somethin! But, not by much. There were some other great entries as well.

And it was a fun contest! Thanks to all who played. And MANY thanks to @Fatalii Attraction for providing the seeds. Couldn't have done it without them!

Thanks again Boss, for sponsoring these contests.

Well, here's my first entry. The Boss keeps adding new rules, so I don't know if this is the "right" way to measure an entry or not, but I thought I'd throw it out there anyway, ha. Now, if this one comes up "short", I think he's got some siblings still on the plant that are even longer. If I need to, I'll go down and look, but that's probably not gonna be necessary. :D

Mutijala Jalapeno F6 (@Fatalii Attraction)
Pepper - Mutijala F6 IMG_20230923_103402683~2.jpg

Thats a very nice skinny pepper. But what's its weight?:point:

the season is almost over for me, the first frosts are expected this weekend. I'm going to harvest everything that's left on the plant between now and then and do a final weighing. I'll probably try to keep the plant indoors this winter, but I'll have to prune it for that.

Thats a very nice skinny pepper. But what's its weight?

It was a LENGTH contest, not a weight contest, lol. I have other jalapeños I'd use to enter a WEIGHT contest.

BTW, If it was a LENGTH and WEIGHT contest, you won hands down lol. Your entry was impressive. 👍

the season is almost over for me, the first frosts are expected this weekend. I'm going to harvest everything that's left on the plant between now and then and do a final weighing. I'll probably try to keep the plant indoors this winter, but I'll have to prune it for that.

Sounds like it's time to plant some garlic!

First frost last night.
I removed all the peppers two days ago.
20231012_113743.jpg

20231012_113541.jpg

The last ripe pods.
Total harvest
3113+132= 3245g

20231012_113616.jpg

If i include the unripe ones, i get a total of
3245+296=3541g

The plant will probably not survive the week, night temperatures are close to 0.
Sounds like it's time to plant some garlic!

This year i'll be planting garlic in spring, as winter didn't work well for me last season.

Harvest of the day: 349.7g
New total: 1677g

There are still plenty of unripe pods hanging on the plant, but with the first frost forecast for Sunday evening (over a month later than usual), the final harvest will take place this weekend.

1698443060322.png

Well, I'm officially done as our first hard frost came with 2 inches of snow! Congrats to all participants and special mention to those who exceeded the 3 kg mark💪👊

Last pull: 511.3g
Overall harvest: 2188.3g

1698712795201.png

Back