• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Growing tobacco like its 1688.

Really your pics are prettier. I grow mine in gravel and clay which is all we have in the Ozarks. This year, they're all kind of stringy looking, but then again, they are all oriental this year.

Bloody hell, that's worse than here, though you haven't got any froggies...

queequeg152 said:
clearly you didnt get the memo.

but your fellow canadians did.

I've smoked cartons of bootleg (back of the truck) and Native cigarettes (I don't have paperwork, doubly idiotic, as regular tobacco is almost half price). The former doesn't come around often unless you're a criminal, and the latter isn't worth the discount. Weak and flavourless nonsense, it's almost worse than "triangle cut".

miguelovic said:

Stupid Americans... you can all rot in hell.

30 clams for a 1 1/2oz pouch of bacco north of the border.... getting pretty close to a dollar a cigarette for a pack of tailor-mades.

Don't take the insults seriously, it's just jealousy flaring up.
That's a lot of money to pay for emphysema, heart disease and lung cancer. I quit 17 years ago and am glad I did. As a doctor told me, "It's not IF you will have a disease from smoking, it's a matter of when!"

Proud Marine Dad said:
That's a lot of money to pay for emphysema, heart disease and lung cancer. I quit 17 years ago and am glad I did. As a doctor told me, "It's not IF you will have a disease from smoking, it's a matter of when!"
Ex-smokers are the worst!

:lol:

Proud Marine Dad said:
to be fair to myself. i dont smoke cigarettes, and i honestly feel sad for those that do. there is a lot of nice flavors and pleasure to be had in a nice well made, well looked after cigar. but ive never smelled a cigaret that didnt just smell like burnt tobacco. its like they dont bother blending, or curing for taste. its all about getting a good mouth feel, and mellow draw.

ive smoked some cigars that you could swear had been tampered with... little bit of this dark coffeish toffe flavor.
a stiff joint AND a good cigar, even better ive heard.
but what ever.

Proud Marine Dad said:
True! They said I had COPD so I had good reason to quit. My dad died in 2001 from small cell carcinoma. It's brutal!
sorry bout that.

queequeg152 said:
to be fair to myself. i dont smoke cigarettes, and i honestly feel sad for those that do. there is a lot of nice flavors and pleasure to be had in a nice well made, well looked after cigar. but ive never smelled a cigaret that didnt just smell like burnt tobacco. its like they dont bother blending, or curing for taste. its all about getting a good mouth feel, and mellow draw.

ive smoked some cigars that you could swear had been tampered with... little bit of this dark coffeish toffe flavor.
a stiff joint AND a good cigar, even better ive heard.
but what ever.

sorry bout that.
Thanks queequeg.

cool so the sun came out for approximatly 45 minutes today, then it got dark.
i could see the moon for about an hour. now its overcast again. its going to rain about an inch tomorrow.

not good tobacco growing weather i reckon. but what do i know about tobacco.

the ones in three gallon pots, are about... ball high. supposedly most burly varieties get to be roughly 6 "hands" long, that is they get to be the length of 6 hands. mine are maby three hands long, so not real good.

some cactus's

gimme a bump. ive got a few more to post.

6 is the max right?

Hey guys,

Just looking to buy some tobacco seeds... (obviously not from THP...)

From what I can tell, Nicotiana sylvestris, is the type I do not want as it's poisonous?!? Is this correct? Or am I reading articles that are wrong..

Thanks

whacko.jpg

sir, are you a teen?

Valo said:
Hey guys,

Just looking to buy some tobacco seeds... (obviously not from THP...)

From what I can tell, Nicotiana sylvestris, is the type I do not want as it's poisonous?!? Is this correct? Or am I reading articles that are wrong..

Thanks
If you are wanting smoking tobacco you really want n. tabaccum. Generally a Virginia and/or Burley types. 

little up date.

obligatory photo with my big stupid stone mason hands.

small white fly infestation. does not merit a spray... yet.

and still no sign of flowers! i was lead to believe that they would flower in like 70 days. that was like 70 days ago.

They look great!

I am trying to hunt down some seeds here in Australia, although I am not sure whether I'll be able to or not.

Can't wait to see updates in the future :) :)

Valo said:
They look great!

I am trying to hunt down some seeds here in Australia, although I am not sure whether I'll be able to or not.

Can't wait to see updates in the future :) :)
ebay is where i got mine. perhaps start there,see what the sellers have to offer.

i prefer the established cultivars, tho there are few of these for sale.
what they have lots of is the old heirloom breeds, if thats what you want, then i would be suprised if ebay DIDNT have what you are looking for.

Back