• We welcome off-topic dicussion that is not political or divisive. If we feel your topic leans political or has the potentioal to become divisive, it may be removed at any time. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

music guitar

Sickmont said:
oh yeah, speaking of amps, Ross.....have you ever seen a Tone King Continental before?

nope, made by?

with the name it sounds like its probably a tube amp.. correct?

imaguitargod said:
That duck is frickin' AWSOME!!!! Now I want one. So, you guys a cover band?

HA! Thanks, man!! It was actually a gift from a guitar player in a band I was in about an eon ago. (Have CD, will copy...)

Yes, we're a 70's & 80's cover band. The industry is really screwy and has been for a long time. I decided to play covers in a club after David Geffen himself told me that our music (old band) was great, but we're too old to market.

I have a BA in percussive arts with a minor in acoustical physics. I'm a sound guy for my day job....and brew hot sauce for fun!

I just had to show off my brother's guitar collection...

guitars2.jpg

Shooty* said:
What is it with Americans and L shaped sofas?...

I note the flying V. Is your brother in The Scorpions? :shocked:

That is his first guitar. He bought it brand new in 1971. And he's DEFINITELY not in the Scorpions:lol:

And we Americans happen to like our sectional sofas...besides, they're cheap, too.

imaguitargod said:
Who isn't? Give me a double humbucker over a single coil any day of the week....

I usually prefer a humbucker over a single coil, but i can go either way.

I'd still almost take a human life to get my hands on a Les Paul Black Beauty with triple humbuckers

What's the nadir of double humbuckers? I have the George Lynch Screamin' Demon advert from Guitar World still in my head from about 12 years ago... back when Rachel Bolan and Duff McKagan were regular Bass amp advert models.

Duff probably still is, I guess...

Anyone got a rickenbacker? They're meant to sound lovely. "swirly" is the word that one person used...

Oh, yeah, and anyone else got a smokey practice amp? The ones built into the cigarette packets? :)

Shooty* said:
Anyone got a rickenbacker? They're meant to sound lovely. "swirly" is the word that one person used...

Oh, yeah, and anyone else got a smokey practice amp? The ones built into the cigarette packets? :)
I've play Rickenbacker 4001 bass a few times, best bass I've ever played (for Rock and Roll and blues that is). I've also played a 12 string Ric guitar which also was awsome.

I have a Smokey! They were a limited edition amp because they used the cig boxes without the consent of the companies that owned them. They had to recall as many as they could find...I bought mine before the recall for $35. It's in a Malaboro (sp?) Light box. This amps are small but awsome. They have this insane crunhy sound to them that'll make your guitar sound like something from Black Sabbith. Still have and use that amp.

My current guitar player has one of these:

Veleno1.jpg

It's a Veleno. Hollow body aluminum, aluminum neck. Sounds sorta like a Les Paul.

Sickmont said:
Gee...what gave ya that idea?
It's also the fact that he's a huge Humbucker fan

as am i, but the 491s (i think) in my les paul cannot compare to the dimarzios in my music man guitar.

i dunno what gave me the idea bout the gibsons!! just seemed like a natural question! :)

ross said:
as am i, but the 491s (i think) in my les paul cannot compare to the dimarzios in my music man guitar.

i dunno what gave me the idea bout the gibsons!! just seemed like a natural question! :)

I've always had good sound/tone with Seymour Duncan JBs and the SH-10's

As promised...

shooty.jpg

Yes, the beard and eyebrows were dyed to match the hair. This was 10 years ago. I only cringe occasionally at the recollection :)

Back