• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

hobbies GUNS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to share this one.....

Retta got me a new t-shirt today......and I LOVE IT!!

DJVUpp5.jpg

..........I am wearing it to work on Monday!! :rofl:

paulky_2000,

You and Edmick gave me inspiration with the bi-pods. I mounted a swivel stud and was able to use a Harris style set I bought at a store close out some years back. Now I gotta go and put it through the paces. These guns (Commie notwithstanding) are decent shooters as you guys know. Once they were very cheap to buy (not so much anymore) I've given a number of them as gifts but decided to keep two for myself, one original and one modified. The modified one with muzzle brake is so loud it will knock the wax out of your ears.

nag1.jpg

nag3.jpg

nag2.jpg

The Darlin' Bride 'n I went out back, she to get reacquainted with her LC9S, me to get some break-in time on the M&P9 PC...This is the second target up, she had not taken the Ruger out in over a year and considering the recent flattening of the earth now wants to actually carry. I only put one mag into this target, the bulk was her getting jiggy with the sights. I'll let you guys specalate as to who made that nice intentional circle around the boolz-eye...This all @ +/-25'.

Target Lndscpe.jpg

Here is where some input is welcome: The M&P, while as accurate a firearm I've ever had the pleasure, has an ejection issue, mainly a WEAK ejection issue: She's dropping casings at my feet. Yes, we're shooting reman, Freedom Munitions 115 grain ball ammo, but while my Shield and the Darlin' Bride's Ruger spits them a good 10-15 feet, the full-size actually had a couple stovepipe incidents through about a hundred rounds. 

This is my first full-size poly-frame pistol, I'm wondering if it's the nature of the beast or if it simply wants a heavier load or perhaps a weak spring got through the process. I'd rather not believe that, the Performance Center is supposed to be above that substandard component stuff...

..I have some 124 grain, same brand, reman as well. Gonna try it next. When it stops raining. Here at Camp Granada...

My defensive loads are all 124 and 147, some +P, ALL branded and new loads. But I'm loathe to use them for anything but defensive because of the current scant market and increasing supply/demand issues.

Any thoughts?

stettoman said:

The M&P, while as accurate a firearm I've ever had the pleasure, has an ejection issue, mainly a WEAK ejection issue: She's dropping casings at my feet. Yes, we're shooting reman, Freedom Munitions 115 grain ball ammo, but while my Shield and the Darlin' Bride's Ruger spits them a good 10-15 feet, the full-size actually had a couple stovepipe incidents through about a hundred rounds. 

This is my first full-size poly-frame pistol, I'm wondering if it's the nature of the beast or if it simply wants a heavier load or perhaps a weak spring got through the process. I'd rather not believe that, the Performance Center is supposed to be above that substandard component stuff...

..I have some 124 grain, same brand, reman as well. Gonna try it next. When it stops raining. Here at Camp Granada...

My defensive loads are all 124 and 147, some +P, ALL branded and new loads. But I'm loathe to use them for anything but defensive because of the current scant market and increasing supply/demand issues.

Any thoughts?

Answered myself: The S&W PC M&P9, at least mine, does not seem to like light ammo...124 gr does superbly, tossing casings a good five feet. No stovepipes. 147 gr was interesting, ejecting spent shells in a high arch, landing +/- 3 feet.

124 +P made no difference in distance, recoil, loudness...Dunno what the hullabaloo is about...other than muzzle velocity...

Powder and loads make a big difference, I understand why people do ladder tests on loads by .1gr increments, it makes a difference. 
Tightgroup is the powder im using but want to change it to HS-6 once im done, nice when powder not so hot.
the 124gr are Campro and have done great.
Yup hard to get supplies, even guns mostly sold out, guess people feel somethings coming.
Probably get another brick of primers end of the month, takes a while to get them in, at least the Federal.

dragonsfire said:
Powder and loads make a big difference, I understand why people do ladder tests on loads by .1gr increments, it makes a difference. 
Tightgroup is the powder im using but want to change it to HS-6 once im done, nice when powder not so hot.
the 124gr are Campro and have done great.
Yup hard to get supplies, even guns mostly sold out, guess people feel somethings coming.
Probably get another brick of primers end of the month, takes a while to get them in, at least the Federal.

Yeah, I'm seeing that here too. My favorite LGS, about 150 miles from me, was NOT worth the trip up to shop. They literally had 20 guns in stock.

stettoman said:

Yeah, I'm seeing that here too. My favorite LGS, about 150 miles from me, was NOT worth the trip up to shop. They literally had 20 guns in stock.

Prior to my boating accident.

I had more than that store.

Boating accident.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back