• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

hobbies GUNS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering my M4 build project. Thinking about a short barreled rifle in 300 blackout. A suppressor would be great too, but that adds an additional $200.00 for a second tax stamp. Would really like to keep the build below cost of buying an off the shelf gun.

CAPCOM said:
Considering my M4 build project. Thinking about a short barreled rifle in 300 blackout. A suppressor would be great too, but that adds an additional $200.00 for a second tax stamp. Would really like to keep the build below cost of buying an off the shelf gun.

Wouldn't the shortened barrel for an M4 already require the tax stamp? Surely a SBR with a suppressor doesn't require two tax stamps. :eek:

Yes, and yes it does. A tax stamp for the short barrel and a tax stamp for the suppressor.
I also need to look into some .30cal bullet molds. I have a qty of lead to make my own bullets. Thinks of some subsonic loads to make things more fun.

20160213_095904.jpg

Of course it uploaded crooked, what would I expect. This is my S&W 40cal M&P

Stupid phoane. Doesn't matter which way I hold it, it posts like that on this site. Anywhere else I post to they are upright no matter which way I hold the phoane.

JayT said:
Stupid phoane. Doesn't matter which way I hold it, it posts like that on this site. Anywhere else I post to they are upright no matter which way I hold the phoane.

edit the picture on your phone ...

find the rotate icon ... rotate it 4 or more times until you have it the way you want ...

save the edit ...

post it ...

done.

I like the looks of the 1911(a lot) but the milspec ones shooting like crap imho. Lots of tuning options though.

I'd always opt for a double stack 9x19 though.

Pfeffer said:
I like the looks of the 1911(a lot) but the milspec ones shooting like crap imho. Lots of tuning options though.

I'd always opt for a double stack 9x19 though.

Could always get one of those Rock Island 1911s chambered in 9mm that have a double stack magazine 
http://armscor.com/firearms/tcm-series/tcm-rock-standard-ms-hc-combo-22tcm-9mm/

I like the looks of 1911s too but when it comes to .45 I'd take one of those FNX .45s that are also double stack & hold 15+1. Very ergonomic and accurate too, hard to find a 1911 that will shoot nicer for the same price. 

I got to take my HK P8 home for free + ammo.. No need for american stuff in my home : -)

Nah, nothing against the US but in .45 I like the CZ97, USP and FNX 45 a lot.

Maybe a nice sponsored Kimber would be welcome too. Anyone?

TXCG said:

I like the looks of 1911s too but when it comes to .45 I'd take one of those FNX .45s that are also double stack & hold 15+1. Very ergonomic and accurate too, hard to find a 1911 that will shoot nicer for the same price. 

i always wondered who those fnx pistols were not more popular... cost?

i held one at a gun shop once and it felt nice unloaded. you cant change the grips though... its all polymer like a glock or what ever. i like how you can buy different grips for a 1911...

i have oven mit hands though. single 1911's feel stupid in my hands. they feel too narrow, and the one i held had this knurling on the back of the grip... where that little hook is that recesses the hammer when cocked.  that knurling felt like it would eat up your hands when shooting... but IDK.

my brother has this lovely cz 75. thats a nice gun too.

Yeah I'm a CZ fan too. I have a very nice CZ 452 Ultra Lux .22 target rifle with some BRNO aperture sights that I absolutely love and I have been eyeing a CZ 75 for awhile now. 

I'll have to snap a better pic of this next time I go shooting. 

rQ05bh.jpg

And I actually can go shooting now that I managed to score 6 boxes of Federal AutoMatch .22LR the other day. $16.97 ea for a 325 round box, it was a damn miracle.

his is the old 75. i think they modernized it a bit recently... lower rail and some other things.

i have that same rifle lol.  you ever look at the 527 carbine? that would be my next rifle i think.. in the communist cartridge. i got to play with a mini 30 at someones ranch, an god damn its a satisfying cartridge to fire. 
i just wish they made 7 or 8 or 10 round mags.  all those wierd ak sporting rifles have 10 round mags and the world still spins.

The FNX 45 tactical's have a weird trigger design.  The older ones actually had a problem in the trigger, cant remember exactly what it was I think something had some flex and so the trigger wasnt consistent from pull to pull or it would fail to reset, supposedly fixed in the newest generations.  To much money though at ~1200 bucks.  Would rather have an HK45 for less money. 

My buddy has an FNX 45 and actually has an RMR on it and ive shot it a few times and never been impressed by it.

Pfeffer said:
I got to take my HK P8 home for free + ammo.. No need for american stuff in my home : -)

Nah, nothing against the US but in .45 I like the CZ97, USP and FNX 45 a lot.

Maybe a nice sponsored Kimber would be welcome too. Anyone?
I like Colt gov model 80 series for full frame .45s, but my Kimber CDP II with its 2" bbl is sweet. Fixed sights are factory dead on and I can ring 9" steel plates out to 100 yds

Flex in the trigger.. They say the same about the USP with the polymer trigger.. Never bothered me. Imho there's a difference in issued guns and match guns, and shooters should keep that in mind.

I've never been a good sidearm shooter. I did earn a ribbon for it once, but that was more luck then science.

I'm far more comfortable with my rifles though, especially my accurized G3.

So I'm already happy if I can reliably ring 9" plateservice on 25 yards. But I'm happy to ring them at 400 yards with my rifle though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back