• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

hobbies GUNS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Derringers.
Was looking at prices here in Canada and my mouth just dropped, $900-$975, couldn't believe the price. 45 the only one available I saw here. One of the pieces I still want for my bucket list. prices seam to be going through the roof.

WarrantMan said:
Was thinking about obtaining a KPOS or Roni platform for a glock. Anyone here ever messed with those? If so, thoughts?

Yes. 

I do not recommend them at all. They're wildly inaccurate. Not just in holding zero when you remove and replace the pistol.....but shot to shot.....because the orientation of the sights in the relationship to the barrel can't be maintained. 

They're really neat (I'd love to have a white one just because).....but you'll be far better off sinking that money into a Crimson Trace laser grip and a decent light or night sights......or even an RMR.

dragonsfire said:
Derringers.
Was looking at prices here in Canada and my mouth just dropped, $900-$975, couldn't believe the price. 45 the only one available I saw here. One of the pieces I still want for my bucket list. prices seam to be going through the roof.

Derringers are cool and the gang.

I have derringer style sized NAA revolver in 22LR.

The quality is second to none.

But its not fun to shoot.

I couldn't hit a barn door at 5 yards with it.

Loud as hell.

One finger on the trigger and only one on the grip.

Its a belly gun.

Its a last ditch get off me gun.

In reality.

Its more of a novelty gun thats fun to show off at BBQ's.

texas blues said:

Derringers are cool and the gang.

I have derringer style sized NAA revolver in 22LR.

The quality is second to none.

But its not fun to shoot.

I couldn't hit a barn door at 5 yards with it.

Loud as hell.

One finger on the trigger and only one on the grip.

Its a belly gun.

Its a last ditch get off me gun.

In reality.

Its more of a novelty gun thats fun to show off at BBQ's.

You need to get you a laser grip for that hand-cannon:

KNrezF8.jpg

AKYfJzz.jpg

Yeah....I have one.  :whistle:

Hey Guys, I'm hoping someone will be able to help out with some information-

Back story- My brothers and I are tackling our parent's house, starting the necessary task of cleaning everything out for the estate sale and such.  I knew my mom had a .38 revolver,  that one hand been known about for a while.  I guess my dad had a .38 also. ( I didn't know about that).  Then my brother said there was another gun that had gotten 'lost' a long time ago, plus the WWII Japanese 23 rifle.  Other brother said there was a shotgun, but I thought Bro#1 already had that one out of the house ?!?!??? ANYWAY... while packing up towels from the bathroom cabinet, I found a Colt Mustang 380 auto pistol, and while packing up clothes in their closet, I found a 12ga pump action shot gun....(sheesh!  Mom was quite a GunTote'n Grandma!).....and this ole double barrel, which is what I'm looking for info on.

It was owned by my greatgrandfather who passed away in the early 1960's.  It's a double barrel shot gun, not sure the gauge, with leather carry case.  Breaks down into 3 pieces, outer case pocket has cleaning rods.

Baker Gun Co
Batavia Special
IMG_20180519_230421526.jpg

couple more images, sorry for the orientation, can't figure out how to post pics from the phoane....

IMG_20180519_230438042.jpg
IMG_20180519_230503931.jpg

IMG_20180519_230558254.jpg

Thanks Bob,  I did google it also, but didn't find anything that showed a brokedown gun and mutton leg case.  I found the history you linked also.  That's a pretty cool article.  Reading it again, in the morning after a cup of coffee... :lol:  i see that the [SIZE=medium]Batavia Specials were numbered in the 150,000 to 171,000 range exclusively.  Ours is #152,629.  Looks like a pretty low number (?), and the years of production are consistent with when Pappa Jim (as great granddad was known) would of gotten the gun.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]SL[/SIZE]

Went to the local indoor blam and pow the other day.

Shot the Kel Tec P32.

And one of 2 Seecamp 32's which I carry ever day.

The Seecamp with Gold Dots was flawless.

As always.

The Kel Tec with PMC HP's had 2 FTE's and several FTF's.

I determined that it was a combination of the ammo and a possible weak mag.

When I shot S&B FMJ it ran like a top.

Both guns were very comfortable to shoot.

Even with DAO trigger pulls.

They are both 0-5 yard guns.

The Kel Tec felt so good and light I ordered another from Bud's.

Along with another 200 rds. of S&B FMJ.

And 4 more Mec Gar mags.

And a Don Hume pocket holster for each. 

Because.

I am my own protection for me and my family.

As everyone should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back