• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

hobbies GUNS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drove up to the Kentucky Gun Co. this morning.......

.....picked up the new Taurus TH9:

FSbr6II.jpg

ew1xbpc.jpg

Looks like a CZ and a Gen 3 Glock had a love-child.

I really want to like that gun Paulky.

But the billboards on the slide ruin it for me.

Ruger and many other companies are also guilty of that.

That being said....

Enjoy and shoot the hell out it you stinkin' swabby!

What's going on the rail first?

Light or laser? 

Probably neither! I have plenty of tactical pistols for those kinds of setups. This one will just be for occasional plinking and to fill up an empty spot on the wall...... ;)

As for the writing on the slide, I probably didn't do it much good by color-filling it with white paint. of course, that can be removed.

color-filling it with white paint.....

yo paulky...when cleaning and oiling for storage, the paint comes off or smears?

i tend to keep my junk on the wet side of oiled for storage

hardcore said:
 color-filling it with white paint.....

yo paulky...when cleaning and oiling for storage, the paint comes off or smears?

i tend to keep my junk on the wet side of oiled for storage

I suppose that'd depend on the type of paint you use or the kind of gun oil you use.

I use this:

sbqvBbu.jpg

I did that one back in 2011, I believe....and it still looks pretty good. 

I'm not sure if it's enamel or lacquer.....but it has never streaked, smudged, or stained. If, for some reason, it DID....I'd just remove it with acetone and re-apply.

1) Clean with acetone and dry
2) Apply paint over recessed area you wish to fill
3) Bake part in 150 degree oven for 30 minutes, or allow to stand for an hour or so...
4) Carefully wipe off the surface of the part with an acetone dampened paper towel.....changing to a new, clean section of paper towel with every pass
5) Allow paint to cure overnight, then re-oil the part.

As for oil, I typically use CLP, Rem-oil, 10w-30, wheel bearing grease, Frog-Lube.....and I never go heavy-handed with any of them over the filled areas. Just lighten up the pressure around it and it should work just fine.

My weekly trip to the LGS........

.....and, yes, I emerged with another carbine:

This time it's the Kel-Tec SU-16 in 5.56 flavor.....

wol_error.gif

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 996x747.
400218d1521913493-have-you-purchased-anything-gun-related-last-forty-eight-hours-img_1961.jpg

wol_error.gif

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 996x747.
400226d1521913520-have-you-purchased-anything-gun-related-last-forty-eight-hours-img_1963.jpg

wol_error.gif

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 996x560.
400234d1521913544-have-you-purchased-anything-gun-related-last-forty-eight-hours-img_1964.jpg

wol_error.gif

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 996x560.
400242d1521913574-have-you-purchased-anything-gun-related-last-forty-eight-hours-img_1965.jpg

wol_error.gif

400250d1521913597-have-you-purchased-anything-gun-related-last-forty-eight-hours-img_1967.jpg

Pretty interesting rifle. The stock under-folds, and the handguard doubles as a bi-pod.

If the plastic......er.........polymer... holds up, I'll be in good shape! 
gr_tongue.gif

Typical Sunday piddling here at the Circle-H. SU-16 changes: Removed the riser from the Holosun red dot to better match the cheek weld. MUCH better! Stippled the mag-release button and the handguard release for a more positive purchase. Then, I added a Magpul 5-slot picatinny rail to the right side of the rifle for a light. Looks like it came that way.....

OciRh8k.jpg

um9sfbx.jpg

UKx0qvs.jpg

jQWLpW4.jpg

paulky_2000 said:
My weekly trip to the LGS........

.....and, yes, I emerged with another carbine:

This time it's the Kel-Tec SU-16 in 5.56 flavor.....

Pretty interesting rifle. The stock under-folds, and the handguard doubles as a bi-pod.

If the plastic......er.........polymer... holds up, I'll be in good shape! 
gr_tongue.gif

Keep a running tab on rounds through that unit, Paul. I'd be interested to know how that plastic, er, polymer holds up to rambunctious use.

ColdSmoke said:
I think they look way better without the pistol grip too. Pistol grip seems dumb; never used one though. 

A pistol grip.

It is a wonderful 'thang.

On an AK47.

But I'm biased.

And hungarian.

That 'thang.

Not a pistol grip.

More like a Mossy 590.

But with its balls cut off.

I really want a 590.

For no damn reason.

Because.

12 gauge 2 3/4" 4 shot ruin your day. 

Rifle revisit....

This is the one I "built" while I was deployed, and then assembled when I got home. I just bought a new stock, buffer tube, pistol grip, and 15" handguard for it:

JNXJkQf.jpg

x42wAkQ.jpg

ngOP0JP.jpg

The pistol grip is actually heavier than the original Ergogrip.....so I'll most likely take it back off. But the rest of the parts are top-notch!

Paul, that Ergo is rubber, isn't it? How does it compare to the MOAs? I'm thinking about a Striker LPK with an Ergo for my next build.

stettoman said:
Paul, that Ergo is rubber, isn't it? How does it compare to the MOAs? I'm thinking about a Striker LPK with an Ergo for my next build.

I like them far better. The rubberized surface has a really grippy, spongy feel that makes them very comfortable in the hand.

(I did switch back, by the way!)

Paulky.

Amigo.

Compadre.

Fellow forum member.....

What all of us in this thread really want to see is this...

A range pic and BDA of that AR vs. a can of potato salad.

Your move Kentucky.

And as always....

Thank you for your service!

You stinkin' swabby!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back