• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Guru's 2013

It begins with a tray...

8529680870_ff959399bf.jpg

Spicegeist said:
:fireball:

Stunning!

wahlee76 said:
Looks fantastic. Must be a dayjob to organize that many peppers to take a pic :clap:

ronniedeb said:
Wow. Nice harvest. What's the plan for these?

Portuge said:
:woohoo: :woohoo:  Dude thats one heck of a harvest...
Thanks guys! It actually only took me an hour or so. Me and some slamming tunes or a good podcast in some headphones can get some shit done, ya know!?

I plan on saucing, drying, smoking, mashing, sun drying, powdering, all the above. Gonna be a long night of sweaty processing three way of fire between myself, a knife and some pods! :hell:

Seacowboy said:
Is that all from the plants on the patio or in ground also?  Either way damn nice pull, got it going on again. :onfire:
Just the patio :)

ronniedeb said:
Surely there will be a beer involved in this threeway/fourway!
Indeed! Got a midnight black Altbeir ready to keg up too!
Oh yeah, wanted to show you guys! The Yello Bhut did a three way snap on one of the main tops the other day.

9629505193_9712a24c82_b.jpg

9629506227_12e97db5ae_b.jpg

All I did was tie her three branches in an upright position and VIOLA! Here she is today...

9632741980_372f30774a_b.jpg

Glad the Bhut is still alive. Interesting to see how the wound heals over the next while.

It looks like you had it supported pretty well too. What caused the snap, do you reckon? 

ronniedeb said:
Glad the Bhut is still alive. Interesting to see how the wound heals over the next while.

It looks like you had it supported pretty well too. What caused the snap, do you reckon? 

Not enough support, then the huge branches get so heavy with pod load. A few winds and snap...

Pr0digal_son said:
^^^^ I am getting a ton of that this year,I just get pissed and rip the branches off. I can't use all the pods anyway. Happened to my fatalii from your seed.
Yeah. Im going welded wire cages next year! Mark my words! The ones with the big square pattern, enough to fit a hand and arm through for picking.

I like the cage idea. The ones breaking are close together and supporting each other,but still breaking. I have lost 1 or 2 limbs like this off of probably 40% of my plants.
IMG_20130829_200834_517_zps74af01ef.jpg

My theory is to make the cage the same diameter as the fabric pot, drop down inside to the bottom, fill in with soil, then plant and top off with more soil/mulch. This way the plant grows up, spreads and falls onto cage, then branches find their holes, and the cage supports the branches up and on the outside circumference of the container. This way the arms can't really fall down and snap after pod set. In my head it looks cool and seems sound. We shall see.

Back