• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Guru's 2013

It begins with a tray...

8529680870_ff959399bf.jpg

Hi Rich,

Just finished reading your last 2 glogs from start to finish - AMAZING! very impressive what you managed to achieve with those plants.

Locked in for this years glog mate and wishing you great success. Can't wait to see what you do with the plants you are growing from seed, be interesting to see how big you can get them and how much they will yield. I have started all mine from seed as this is my first year growing peppers so will be using your methods for my madness this year and next when I plant outside on our land.

Cheers mate
Pete

Good luck this season! Plants from seed can get just as big as mother plants within a season, you just gotta provide the right conditions at the root zone. Did you see the BrainStrain I started from seed last year? She made me quite proud very quickly! Boy did she put out!

Yeah seen the Brainstrain ..and the video lol

Definitely going to make some fish brew for my plants next year when they are outside. After seeing your methods and results there is no arguments that's the way to grow. Unable to do it this year as we are growing indoors and if I brewed up a stinking fish bucket I think the rozzers will be round here looking for a dead body. But as soon as we get back on our land next year you can bet your shirt I will be brewing me some fresh trout tea.

Cheers rich, will be popping back in for more of your progress

Pete

wow guru first i see u growing from seeds, the fatali seeds u sent me 1 sprouted and shes doing fine so far..thanks again hopefully she lives long also

2 seeds in the cell or twins? I've got the last of my original seeds from Cappy coming up as we speak and can't wait for them this year.

Did your Florida Wild sprout? I put a bunch of seeds in a pot and have just been letting the seedlings sit there with not enough sun to grow more... decided to separate two more out and put them under the grow light since one of the two I already have turned out to be crossed with a chinense...

Did your Florida Wild sprout? I put a bunch of seeds in a pot and have just been letting the seedlings sit there with not enough sun to grow more... decided to separate two more out and put them under the grow light since one of the two I already have turned out to be crossed with a chinense...
Florida Wilds havent sprouted yet! Really wanna grow these. I have the Calusa Indian Mound as well (supposedly the same?) Interested to see the differences, if any, when growing them out. The Primos are hooking as of today!

8555673090_b58ca2a6ea_b.jpg

Looking good Rich. I too have been trying to sprout some Florida wilds with no luck. Hopefully we can crack one open:)

Nice to see you've got plenty of hooks rich because that means we get to see plenty of monster plants in a few months time. Swwweeeettt!

Yeah, RedtailForester had a nice thread comparing the two... they looked very similar:
http://thehotpepper.com/topic/20653-calusa-indian-mound-pepper

But I have to say, mine turned out looking different and I got my seeds from him... :think:

Back