• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Guru's Garden - Traveling the World in Search of Peppers

Just starting this glog now so it's one less thing to do in a few months when I'm knee deep in compost and getting things in the ground.

Not much to report at the moment. Strains yet to be determined, but I'll probably end up growing too many like always...lol

Only thing that's going on right now is a clean back patio and the chickens doing their part turning over my compost pile on the daily. Intersted in seeing how the soil microbes appreciate the added chicken poop!

12160459874_edc8a4473f_b.jpg

12160725676_2031da1016_b.jpg

Hope everyone has had a decent winter so far and here's to happy germination!

12161422126_10d10e2e41_z.jpg

EDIT UPDATE: This glog has turned into an ongoing overwintering, greenhouse and soil building how-to!

It's blazing hot and humid in the ATL! You aren't missing that! I final got some rain, none since last week in my neck of the woods. Looks like you got some over that last couple days, so should be all good! Sick score on the local!

Beautiful harvest! When you get the seeds back I'd love to hear how you did it.  I had some friends on a missions trip that were stopped and searched and pepper seeds were confiscated.  I appreciated the effort, but was really bummed. 

Pulpiteer said:
Beautiful harvest! When you get the seeds back I'd love to hear how you did it.  I had some friends on a missions trip that were stopped and searched and pepper seeds were confiscated.  I appreciated the effort, but was really bummed. 
I deseeded them, dried them and put them into tea bags and re inserted tea bags into the little paper wrappers :) 

Pepper-Guru said:
Grabbed a GH3 for some film projects coming up, and it seems they've greatly improved still quality as well. The lens is the REAL reason I jumped on the deal, though... Voigtlander Nokton f/0.95 @ 17.5mm = 35mm on full frame. It's a beautiful TANK of a lens. 

f .95!! I can see it and I'm jealous.  You take great pictures.

ronniedeb said:
Great photos of beautiful plants Guru!

bierz said:

f .95!! I can see it and I'm jealous.  You take great pictures.
Thanks! Hopefully soon, I'll have some more video for you guys to check out. Working on some new music videos currently, and nearly done with the acoustic EP. We actually had some world class violinist and cellist collaborate on these 4 tracks. Its sounding really good. Can't wait to share it with you all! 

Pepper-Guru said:

Thanks! Hopefully soon, I'll have some more video for you guys to check out. Working on some new music videos currently, and nearly done with the acoustic EP. We actually had some world class violinist and cellist collaborate on these 4 tracks. Its sounding really good. Can't wait to share it with you all! 

This sounds great. My son is a rather accomplished violinist and is only a HS Freshman. He will appreciate the music I'm sure. Let us know when it is released.

Remember that mystery "extreme corking" seeds from earlier in the season? Well a few finally ripened and here is what they look like.

20150927_142242.jpg

I cut into one but it was rotten. Haven't cut into another one yet but I will post photos when I do. Still not sure what this is, but it looks tasty.

Jeff H said:

This sounds great. My son is a rather accomplished violinist and is only a HS Freshman. He will appreciate the music I'm sure. Let us know when it is released.

Remember that mystery "extreme corking" seeds from earlier in the season? Well a few finally ripened and here is what they look like.

20150927_142242.jpg

I cut into one but it was rotten. Haven't cut into another one yet but I will post photos when I do. Still not sure what this is, but it looks tasty.

That is soooo weird. I have no words
Spicegeist said:

Heard these are supposed to be excellent.
They are very very good. 

I know I haven;t updated in quite some time, this year has literally flew by me so fast, and I've had so much going on that I really didn't even spend any time in the garden like I should have. Things are looking very good out there considering all the catapillar feasting thats gone on. I am in desperate need of harvesting. I'm actually thinking about selling every pod that I pick this year for super cheap by the box. If anyone is interested pm me. I'll go the paypal, any size flat rate box route.

Just walked out in the garden for a few quick snapshots before I begin an early morning harvest tomorrow. I really need to find some time to process some yields but at the very least I Have a few orders to fill :) 

I apologize in advance for the artistry in the following photos...haha just quick run and gun...

22187766182_2e4f5a1b08_b.jpg

22187772632_2c5fdd61aa_b.jpg

21579444053_8dbc301240_b.jpg

22012691688_0542b78dc5_b.jpg

21577702634_eb31693e20_b.jpg

Ok, the last pic is alright ;) 

I'll update again tomorrow for an after harvest shot. 

Also, for anyone thats interested...we have been giving sneak peeks at the tracks off the acoustic album. Here's a listen to "Nightmare" 

http://votivemusic.com/track/897708/nightmare-acoustic-no-violin?autostart=true

or 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6G-uCKjLkDY

Back