• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

greenhouse Guru's Greenhouse 2009

Pepper-Guru said:
They always get this big for me. Any Chinense variety I've ever grown always got huge. Yall like them pepper trees huh?;)

Some of mine get tall, too. I try and put them where they won't shade the shorter plants, and I pinch them back some when they're still small so they'll get bushier instead of go straight up.

You guys are too funny! Thanks Chilihunter. Well, still no other seedlings popping out of the soil yet. So far just one White Bullet and one Pumpkin Hab. I'll drop back by once I've got something to look at for you guys:P

Goodmorning fellas. Just munchin on a bhut breakfast burito and starting some more seeds. I forgot that I threw away all my trays during the move and don't feel like getting out to home depot so, i'll just be germing two trays at a time until spring. I mean, it isn't like I should rush, Ive got 3 months ya know? Patience and Peace bring good karma!

Anywho, if I haven't given you the skinny on my big plans for the garden this year: The deal is a freind of mine has a large field that the entire hill will be using as sort of a community garden. So, I offered my help and was promised a nice size portion of a south facing slope to do all my main gardening in. So, who wouldn't jump on that if they didn't already have the land to work with. Wanna keep these varieties pure breeding and make a few crosses so, distance and isolation of groups is key:

Thanks for stopping by, and oh...this site is great!

l_40fc3753fe6f4d529fad94c65fb2ca7c.jpg

l_a98da1453c204976974e974a020bbc73.jpg

l_4bc11fd5adc241ab996306a28961b5ea.jpg

nice list Guru...best of luck to you this year..

and you are right...a south facing slope should be ideal for peppers...where are you located?

Good luck man. I'm trying to get a community gardening started up at work, but it's going to be a long range project. They have community gardens all over Austin, but the waiting list is 1.5-2 years....

Keep us posted with pics. You should build a treehouse in one of your plants this year.

AlabamaJack said:
nice list Guru...best of luck to you this year..

and you are right...a south facing slope should be ideal for peppers...where are you located?

AJ, I'm south of Atlanta. Think thats zone 7 for me. Can't wait to get some room for these babies.

Txclosetgrower said:
Good luck man. I'm trying to get a community gardening started up at work, but it's going to be a long range project. They have community gardens all over Austin, but the waiting list is 1.5-2 years....

Keep us posted with pics. You should build a treehouse in one of your plants this year.

Waiting list? Wow, that IS a community garden.

lol - treehouse. Tell me about it every year I grow these out I feel like Im watching rocky horror picture show, where the plant tries to eat the poor guy.:P Hopefully this year, the plants will be throwing ME on a sandwich...:lol:

Damn, wait a minute those are my seeds in the picture or someone has learned to copy my writing well...lol. Is it you Rich? :) How do I run into everyone here? lol. The words Hoyts Pumpkin Habanero gave it away.

Chris

HEY CHRIS! Whats going on brother? This season looking up for you? I emailed you about a month or so ago to see how you were doing. Damn, so weird...glad to see you here! Now you can get a good look at my setup this year...BTW those damn Trin Scorp didn't germ for me but I guess I'll get my chance to try them again sometime. Good to here from you man, again!

Welcome to the site.....Great looking plants you have there!!! What kind of fertilizer do you use? Those things are huge mine only grew to a quarter of that size last year!!

I stick to organic nutrients, always have. Nothing better for the state of your soil like rotting and decaying materials. There are too many different types of substances that can be used to feed your plants to mention, but the basics are simple and fundamental for the person wanting to venture into the world of organics. The main thing to remember is to think of organics, not as feeding the plant, but feeding the soil. Cottonseed meal, blood meal, fish emulsion, manure and sewage sludge are examples of organic fertilizers but there are SOOO many things you can use. For someone just getting into organics, there are many products out there that are "all in one" type things and can really make things easy for the gardener. :cheers:

I have never chose to attempt this sort of fertilization, however,it IS used by many organic farms as long as the quality of the biosolids is up to par and free of toxins. Something about putting carnivore shit into my soil doesn't sit right with me, but hey...to each his own:lol:

Last year, I tried Fox Farms organic line and it did pretty well for some of my plants. If you dont feel like spending the $ then simple fish emulsion, eggshells, ash, worm castings, bat guano, kelp, and the like will do just fine. Research organic teas and you'll see how easy it is to feed your plants for free:cool:

Pepper-Guru said:
Last year, I tried Fox Farms organic line and it did pretty well for some of my plants. If you dont feel like spending the $ then simple fish emulsion, eggshells, ash, worm castings, bat guano, kelp, and the like will do just fine. Research organic teas and you'll see how easy it is to feed your plants for free:cool:

Little compost and/or manure works jest fine, too, and can usually be had for free if you ask politely.

I am thinking about trying some of the Fox Farm potting soils for both my flower and vegetable containers this year. I might have found a place I can buy them locally.

Back