• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

greenhouse Guru's Greenhouse 2009

Pepper-Guru said:
So, the first 7 Pot seedling emerged today; I'm excited about that since I have yet to grow this variety. Anyone else grown these out? What are yor thoughts/reports on it?

Haven't grown it but can attest that it's hotter than two mice screwing inside a wool sock in July. :shocked:

hey Guru...I grew a bunch of 7s last year, but don't get disappointed ...they were late season producers for me...didn't really get started producing good until late september...they didn't like the extreme temps here in North Texas in July and August for pod production but grew foliage like mad...some were 6' tall and very bushy....then in September when the temps cooled a bit, they took off and produced many, many pods...

( I am on the border between zone 7A and 7B)

Txclosetgrower said:
Haven't grown it but can attest that it's hotter than two mice screwing inside a wool sock in July. :shocked:
Should taste good then...:lol:

AlabamaJack said:
hey Guru...I grew a bunch of 7s last year, but don't get disappointed ...they were late season producers for me...didn't really get started producing good until late september...they didn't like the extreme temps here in North Texas in July and August for pod production but grew foliage like mad...some were 6' tall and very bushy....then in September when the temps cooled a bit, they took off and produced many, many pods...

( I am on the border between zone 7A and 7B)
Trust me, Im used to it...most of my plants are still giving me peppers throughout christmas and into the new year. I have a few that are being overwintered in the window and the ripe pods coming off of those are great:mouthonfire:

Pam said:
I did get some of the Happy Frog potting soil. The shop owner recommended it for seed starting.
Yeah, its great stuff! Can grow just about any plant your wanting to grow in it

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that I posted in the introduce yourself forum so If anyone's interested in reading a little about me, then feel free to stop by and welcome me formally in that thread.
Update: the 7 Pods are poppin like crazy; I've had two show themselves within an hour of eachother and at least had 1 pop a day since monday so things MAY start moving along now.:pray:

Here's a few pics of the 7 pots that popped, they seem to have emerged from the soil with 3 primary leaves instead of two...which is happening alot round these parts lately:idea:

Thanks for stopping by~!

l_59afe64714ba400fb5db555a46dfbf72.jpg

l_4f64ac4a58714e02a0d883ebe5af37d7.jpg

millworkman said:
You got any more pictures of that giant fatalii or a link to where I can look at them?

Oh I think I can get something together...may take me a few searches through the hard drive. Anyone got any good suggestions on photo storage? Never used photobucket or anything before. Can you have high quality photos at places like that?

gettin' a sixpack and waitin.....

***opens another shiner***

this is gonna be good...

that's so cool the complex would let you do that....

nice patch of chiles and it looks like you had some good harvests...

Thanks AJack! Yeah, I don't think they were expecting me to do that, but they did come by to tell me how beautiful the plants were, what with all the glistening peppers hanging from every branch:)

Still have seedlings popping up everyday now so, not too much to update on currently. About to drop some Bhut seeds in the trays, Im sure they will take a few days:cool:

100+ I guess. I wanna pack out the greenhouse with foliage until spring and then fill up my part of the field:P

100+ plants
20 some odd strains

Gonna have plenty of sauce pretty soon:lol:

Back