• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

greenhouse Guru's Greenhouse 2009

Pepper-Guru said:
I stick to organic nutrients, always have. Nothing better for the state of your soil like rotting and decaying materials. There are too many different types of substances that can be used to feed your plants to mention, but the basics are simple and fundamental for the person wanting to venture into the world of organics. The main thing to remember is to think of organics, not as feeding the plant, but feeding the soil. Cottonseed meal, blood meal, fish emulsion, manure and sewage sludge are examples of organic fertilizers but there are SOOO many things you can use. For someone just getting into organics, there are many products out there that are "all in one" type things and can really make things easy for the gardener. :cheers:

there is a grey water plant not too far from me, they used to sell the "sludge" but they quit that about 8 - 10 years ago....

This year I'm gonna be useing alot of Worm Castings and Worm Tea.

More and more peppers everyday now. Things seem to be moving so slowly but it feels like that every year once I'm waiting on seeds to pop the surface.Checking it every 5 mins ...lol Feeling like Im there for the birth of every lil one that will tower over me come August. It just warms me up thinking about it!

I love this stuff!
Here's a wee bit better photo of the list SO FAR.
3232310504_7ab3b7c32a.jpg

3231461487_d3901fa93a.jpg

What's going on with you guys?
3231461005_111291d28c.jpg

3232309970_db5cb9e7bd.jpg

Same thing here guru. Going in every 15-20 min to check and see if anything has grown since I last saw them. Then I am getting ready to put the larger ones out in the garage in the big chamber and start a ton more seeds.

I heard that. Im just germing two trays at a time thats about 100 plants or so. I don't even think I've started any original Fatalii seeds yet...oops It's ok though, still gonna be one hell of a Fatalii Smackdown for the Guru:cool:

Honestly I've been waiting to put these Trin Scorps, Bhuts, Gold Bullets, and 7Pods to the test for about 2 seasons now. Even a few crosses that I've got...wanna see what cultivars I have in those especially.:P

Sounds like a kick ass plan. I managed to kill all my fataliis but one so we will see if I can still compete. Looking forward to your grow.

millworkman said:
Sounds like a kick ass plan. I managed to kill all my fataliis but one so we will see if I can still compete. Looking forward to your grow.

Speaking of killing plants. I just had to throw out an entire tray of seeds. Guess I kept the medium a bit too wet. Got to thinking..."Man these seeds are taking quite awhile" so after checking each dixie cup, I noticed that most of the seeds rotted...ooops Im allowed one big screw up a year right? Anyway starting a new tray now. Round 2, here we go:rolleyes:

I love fataliis. As far as flavor and aroma, they are by far, one of the best peppers out there. One thing I noticed first year that I grew them was, after eating one at lunch with my meal I could burp all day for the rest of the day and still taste that fresh Fatalii flavor! Sounds gross but hey, they are STRONG !

Umhuh...had the same experience...with Fatalii, T. Scorpion, 7 Pot, and Naga Morich...it does sound gross, but the after taste is wonderful...

I missed this yesterday and just wanted to say how impressed I am with your GH/garden and mostly the plants. Some of the nicest pepper starts ever, tall and juicy like lee said. Those Fatalli might get a honorable mention in the smackdown. You have a tiller and that's all the garden you have? My whole backyard would be dirt.:lol:

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
Those Fatalli might get a honorable mention in the smackdown. You have a tiller and that's all the garden you have? My whole backyard would be dirt.:lol:

These fatali might mention yours when they slam that smackdown come fall:cool:

And oh, THIS is my real garden for the year. :)

3426996923_26c2c26481_b.jpg

Come 4-20 it will be full of baby plants all over the place.
The TroyBuilt didn't till this one though...lol I used a tractor tiller.

Yeah, I remember now that you grew your peppers on a hill, but that looks more like a regular field. Where are you going to get all the plants for that garden? What are you growing? Thanks for all your pics.:P

Well I've got 60 some-odd pepper plants total, which when full grown, can take up a lot of space! Other than that Im growing EVERYTHING else you could think of. Okra, squash, zuccini, eggplant, broccoli, lettuces of var. kinds, cabbages, HORDES of tomatoes, var. types of peas, beans, corn, cuccumbers, watermelon, cantelope, and other things. ;)

PG,

I'm insanely jealous! Ain't it weird - when I was a kid/teenager I hated the fact our garden was so big we used a two-bottom plow and a 10-foot disc to get the dirt ready to plant, a mechanical transplanter to plant the potatoes and tomatoes and had eight rows of green beans and eight rows of corn that were 200 feet long each! We used a tractor to cultivate the plants after they came up and it would take four of us a day to just cut out weeds. One year we planted 700 pounds of seed potatoes. When we harvested them (and it was not done mechanically - dad used a real wide plow to unearth them then we picked them up) we filled an 8'x16' wagon more than two feet tall with the spuds.

Now I would kill for that kind of a space!

Mike

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
What no pumpkin?:P Good luck on all aspects of your garden this season Rich. This is one garden I can't wait to see grow.:cool:

Nope, no pumpkins, but PLENTY of Pumpkin HABS! lol Thanks for the kind words dude.I'll cheers to that!:beer:

Back