• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

HAHAHA redsavina.com

Omri said:
1. I *was* talking about places that sell seeds and plants.
2. It's somewhat of a brandname so people use it. this leads to confusion that only leads to more confusion and so on... *just like* the Scotch Bonnet. if seed suppliers don't know a Scotch Bonnet (the most famous chile in the world) looks like, no wonder...
3. You can think whatever you want, it's a free world. You're still wrong, though.

First of all, if so many places get the names wrong, how do you know that the longer ones are real and the short ones are not? I mean, did you develop the cultivar or know someone who did? Where are you getting your information from? For all you know the real ones are the shorter ones, and the longer ones were labeled incorrectly. I think maybe you are growing the longer type, and you dont want to belive that maybe you are growing something a tad different.

Just because you say so, doesnt mean you are right. At least I'm getting my information from the masses.

Anyway, I think we are just going to have to agree to disagree on this one.

I'm growing six different types of "Caribbean Reds". some from Mexico and some from different places. I'm growing the round ones as well. ;)

Omri said:
I'm growing six different types of "Caribbean Reds". some from Mexico and some from different places. I'm growing the round ones as well. ;)

Types of? Well which are they? According to you they are either "Caribbean Reds" or they arnt. Just sayin :)

That's why I wrote ""... all were labeled as Caribbean Reds and only some appeared to be true (compared to the authentic one). :lol: thanks for making laugh at work, that's rare...

Omri said:
:lol: thanks for making laugh at work, that's rare...

You're welcome I suppose, though my point about your source of information is valid. And since you chose to ignore that part, I'll leave it at that :)

By the way, how do the longer ones taste and smell compared to the shorter "rounder" ones? I'm curious.

Ok, Lilly Miller is pretty damn reputable..check this.

S6302708.JPG

S6302710.JPG

I've yet to grow them, but c'mon...looks right to me.

They don't sell as CR, but the back info does imply it...

Regardless, if I got pods from them, I'd eat 'em happily.

It's like trying to get a pure strain outa Trinidad..it'll never happen...unless Trini does it... ;)

QuadShotz said:

S6302708.JPG

S6302710.JPG

Thats really interesting, burpee sells the longer version and describes them as being "Improved version of Habanero, it ripens to a beautiful deep red and is even hotter.". This makes me wonder if they did some breeding to get longer pods, because other than being longer they look exactly the same as the rounder ones and I would be willing to bet they taste and smell the same too.

RichardK said:
You welcome I suppose, though my point about your source of information is valid. And since you chose to ignore that part, I'll leave it at that :)

By the way, how do the longer ones taste and smell compared to the shorter "rounder" ones? I'm curious.
I seroiusly have no idea what you're talking about... I answered all of your questions.
They're extremely fruity with a unique flavor and scent.
QuadShotz said:

S6302708.JPG

S6302710.JPG

It says Habanero and Caribbean. Caribbean Red is not from the Caribbean... lol.

Yeah, they are obviously not SB's, and have a diff demeanor than regular habs.

I have some of them and some RS seed from pods THSC sent me...both in soil now, we'll see eh? :)

Honestly, I don't see the hullabaloo..naga's kick thier ass anyway. ;)

Ya, do a search for "Caribbean Red Habanero", and the first entry is Reimers.... go figure. ;)

You guys argue, i'm gonna go drink beer.

Omri said:
I seroiusly have no idea what you're talking about... I answered all of your questions.

Really, read up...

First of all, if so many places get the names wrong, how do you know that the longer ones are real and the short ones are not? I mean, did you develop the cultivar or know someone who did? Where are you getting your information from? For all you know the real ones are the shorter ones, and the longer ones were labeled incorrectly.

Omri said:
They're extremely fruity with a unique flavor and scent.

Thats funny, thats exactly how I would describe the rounder ones, they smell nor taste anything like an orange habanero, or any habanero for that matter.

Omri said:
Caribbean Red is not from the Caribbean... lol.

Really? I'm curious where you get this information from? You seem to be an expert on what cultivars are real and which are not and where they come from?

All you seem to be saying is "I'm right, you're wrong." and no information to back your claims. No offense man, but it sounds like you're pulling this from your !*@.

Look dude, I did my research and those are the results. Believe it or not... It's up to you, I don't really care. you're info is what you read online... if that's enough for you to say in endless ways you question me, then God bless you.

This is getting interesting now. I have some Red Savina growing and I have some Caribbean Red seeds I got from Burpee. I guess I'll have to plant one just to see the difference.

I got a reply from RedSavina.com and those cheeky folks readily admit they are not selling Red Savina seeds. Just like hotenuf4u said. My apologies for not believing you bro. I like to verify things with a little research of my own.

It's just their name. They sell red hab seeds and that's it. That is too freaking sneaky if you ask me.

bigt said:
This is getting interesting now. I have some Red Savina growing and I have some Caribbean Red seeds I got from Burpee. I guess I'll have to plant one just to see the difference.
Just for the record, I have no idea if Burpee's are legit. Just saying the real ones are long (does not mean every long, hot and red Chinense is the real real).

I have to agree with Omri, the Caribbean red is a specific type/shape apparently from Mexico and not the Caribbean, but people tend to mis-label red C. chinenses from the Caribbean as Caribbean reds:(

Omri said:
Just for the record, I have no idea if Burpee's are legit. Just saying the real ones are long (does not mean every long, hot and red Chinense is the real real).

OK, I kind of figured that. At least I can post some pics of the results between what I think are Red Savina (came from Hotpeppa) and what Burpee thinks are Caribbean Red. Comments will be welcome down the road and we can keep this thread going.

ps - BTW, just sowed the CR's a few minutes ago

The statement on the back of QS's seed packet reads, "Unleash the blazing heat of the Caribbean with this super hot pepper." doesn't even imply it's a Caribbean pepper. It just suggests the pepper is as hot as a pepper from there. Sneaky. I hate sneaky.

Back