HAHAHA redsavina.com

Trade marked a botanical name ? That is cultivated world wide ?
In sauces powder pastes all named Red savina something ! Not sure if that would hold. I am the owner of the "rights" to atomic seeds ,atomic heart, atomic top top end. I purchased this, but in saying that i dont think I can stop people usesing the seeds or the fruit under its bonomial or botanical name. I will have to ask the my lawyer !

ian

Red savina is a pvp variety(plant variety protection) which means GNC spices owns the rights to all seeds/plants/pods and licenses out usage. They also have the name "red savina" trademarked

so things like Melinda's Red Savina Hot Sauce, Ignite Red Savina Habañero sauce, Mo Betta Red Savina Hot Sauce, Red Savina Mash Hot Sauce -

So do you think these guys had to get licence arrangments to brand it as this ?
I sell them so I hope Im not doing anything wrong as are about 200 other seed sellers aroung the world ?

Hotpeppa said:
anyways, you got the real deal BIGT with me..lol

those are the red savs !

Nice - I'm looking forward to those - I've never had them before. They started off great guns for me in the rockwool days. I got most to survive my RW mistakes. Then aphids took 1 or 2. I think I have 2 or 3 left. One is outside for sure in a 5 gallon and the aphids were still munching. I hate those little suckers, I can't wait until the ladybugs start showing up in force.

When I order from redsavina.com I get Red Savina. They are labled Red Savina and indeed they produce Red Savina.

I have grown Caribean Red in the past and it pales in comparison to true Red Savina. In size, in heat, and in thickness of wall. In my opinon... they are just a red version of orange habenero.

Next in line said:
When I order from redsavina.com I get Red Savina. They are labled Red Savina and indeed they produce Red Savina.

I have grown Caribean Red in the past and it pales in comparison to true Red Savina. In size, in heat, and in thickness of wall. In my opinon... they are just a red version of orange habenero.
Dude, he just told you the seeds you get from RedSavina.com ARE NOT actual Red Savina. that's that.
Plus, "true Red Savina" is very tasty and hot, but is more like the Orange Habanero than the Caribbean Red. it's pretty obvious you never had Caribbean Reds. they're the hottest Habanero-type I've ever had! (and I've had my share) they also don't taste anything like the Orange Habanero.

Just a question. what type of chile do you think you have on your Avatar?

haha, i thought I was smokin' crack when i read NIL's post so i had to go back to redsavina.com to check it out...I'm right....it says righ ton the website "red habanero seeds", and I'm lookin at the damn yellow seed bag that says "red habanero seeds" but none of that matters anyway, b/c I got an email from redsavina.com verifying that I am correct.....they will not give you germinal red savina seeds from their website...hence how I "got the man" by getting 1 lucky seed out of ordered pods.

I love flavor of oringal ORANGE hab as well. I've read a few times about an "orange hab superhot" or an "orange hab triple hot", I don't remember the name exactly...but you had it? good?

CHILLIMAN So do you think these guys had to get licence arrangments to brand it as this ?
I sell them so I hope Im not doing anything wrong as are about 200 other seed sellers aroung the world ?

04-15-2009 07:49 PM
POTAWIE Red savina is a pvp variety(plant variety protection) which means GNC spices owns the rights to all seeds/plants/pods and licenses out usage. They also have the name "red savina" trademarked

I sell genuine RED SAVINA seeds also and my supplier says that it has no PVP in Australia and it is perfectly legal for me to onsell them. I have asked them a couple of times and they have reassured me.
I did think though you were only allowed to sell seeds that originally came from the creator/owner and not be able to plant them and then collect seeds from your plant to sell. Hope this makes sense:rolleyes:

Also I met a lady at the Perth Chilli Festival that makes sauce from Red Savinas, and she said she buys hers directly from the Garcias in Mexico and has to sign a form saying what she will do with them, so I guess she would be allowed to have Red Savina in the name of her sauce.

Not sure all a bit vague here in OZ has very defined laws for sale in USA and UK, so I suppose we fall under the commonwealth laws. Still have to ask the lawyer though he wont know and have to get back to me !
Ian

Maybe the pvp and trademark are only good in the U.S./U.K. and to be honest, I don't think anyone has ever been charged under the PVP act, it would just take too much time and money, and all this for one over-rated chile.

POTAWIE said:
Maybe the pvp and trademark are only good in the U.S./U.K. and to be honest, I don't think anyone has ever been charged under the PVP act, it would just take too much time and money, and all this for one over-rated chile.

Yep pretty sure for it to apply to all countries you would have to register it in every country also.Just like a business name- if it isn't registered in all countries then people from other countries can use it also.

Yeah i think it is a bit over rated too, especially since no one else could ever match that Scoville heat rating unit!

POTAWIE said:
:clap: -thats what I think !

I don't know how international laws apply....no clue, ...whatsoever....what i do know is...

I've had a few e-mail contacts with "redsavina.com": it is illegal to sell red savina's in USA without permission, that is where they are TM, and that was the point of the TM, there patent runs out in 2 more years, then, it's free game.....

red savina told me personally that any red savinas in a pepper market were either grown by them, or illegally sold. They can't do anything if you happen to buy a true red savina and grow the plant and give away the seeds, but if you sell the seeds or the product, your infringing some US laws on the TM.....I do know for a FACT...according to "redsavina.com" that this much is true!

Law, shmaw. I got mine from outside the US anyways. ;P

Peppers want to be free!!!! (and eaten)

I care abotu that about as much as I do the "Dorset Naga" drama.

I have one, and it didn't come from the UK.

Just get seeds from a reputable source, and forget the wankers.

Or, just get some Nagas. :D

RS isnt' all that anyhow.

hotenuff4u said:
I don't know how international laws apply....no clue, ...whatsoever....what i do know is...

I've had a few e-mail contacts with "redsavina.com": it is illegal to sell red savina's in USA without permission, that is where they are TM, and that was the point of the TM, there patent runs out in 2 more years, then, it's free game.....

red savina told me personally that any red savinas in a pepper market were either grown by them, or illegally sold. They can't do anything if you happen to buy a true red savina and grow the plant and give away the seeds, but if you sell the seeds or the product, your infringing some US laws on the TM.....I do know for a FACT...according to "redsavina.com" that this much is true!

Its actually the PVP you have to worry about, not the trademark unless you're using their name "red savina" too

well I don't care how much there hyped, as I agree they are. But I'm looking forward to popping one in my mouth, and chewing it slowly, I have a feeling I'm gonna like it

Hotpeppa said:
anyways, you got the real deal BIGT with me..lol

those are the red savs !

Hey Hotpeppa! I got some Red Savina seeds from you, too...and they are beautiful looking plants. I planted the seeds mid-January and they have tiny buds appearing already. I won't be able to move them outside until mid-May, very likely, but I have a feeling they'll be fantastic!

I've grown the Caribbean Reds every year and love them, but I thought the Red Savinas would be hotter...not so?

Interesting thread! Thanks everyone!

Back