• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Hapy New Year!!!!!!

Happy New Year everyone! Hope everyone made it through alive and safe.

Mine was pretty good, initially I had no plans at all and was going to sit at home and drink beer and maybe crack open my bottle of Talisker 10. I called up one of my friends and we went to someone's house for an amazing dinner. There was about 6 courses and each one had a different kind of wine that was paired to it. Started off with a salad, then some pasta with a clam sauce and some clams, a few other dishes, the main course was roasted prime rib and some green beans. The person also had some Chimay blue on hand, which was great as usual. After that we all meandered down to a bar that had a DJ and many good beers on tap. I (not a dancing person) danced with several ladies, one of which I hope to keep in touch with. She is also an Officer in the Navy, so she understands the whole deployment deal..which is coming up VERY soon!

xgrafcorex said:
Happy New Year everyone! Hope everyone made it through alive and safe.

Mine was pretty good, initially I had no plans at all and was going to sit at home and drink beer and maybe crack open my bottle of Talisker 10. I called up one of my friends and we went to someone's house for an amazing dinner. There was about 6 courses and each one had a different kind of wine that was paired to it. Started off with a salad, then some pasta with a clam sauce and some clams, a few other dishes, the main course was roasted prime rib and some green beans. The person also had some Chimay blue on hand, which was great as usual. After that we all meandered down to a bar that had a DJ and many good beers on tap. I (not a dancing person) danced with several ladies, one of which I hope to keep in touch with. She is also an Officer in the Navy, so she understands the whole deployment deal..which is coming up VERY soon!

Wow that sounds awesome mate. You've got to love those unplanned nights that end up going so great!!!!

I haven't had the Chimay blue in ages and you now have me thinking about buying some:)

Back