food Harvest Cooking with Stickman

I will be looking forward to watching this one. I am sure there are other places, but www.sks-bottle.com definitely sells the orifice reducers

Cheers Terry, and thanks for the tip on a source of supply for the dasher bottles!

Tonight's supper is Chicken Korma... this is good enough for company, but fairly simple for a weeknight too. It's made in 3 easy steps...

First the marinade.
SANY0015_zps1d1bd872.jpg

I grind 2 tsp of coriander seeds, 1 1/2 tsp cumin seeds and the dried Thai chiles
SANY0016_zps052a107d.jpg

They go into the blender with 4 cloves of garlic, peeled and coarsely chopped, and a 1-inch piece of peeled, coarsely chopped fresh ginger and 1/3 cup of water. Pulse a few times, scraping down the sides until you have a smooth puree.
SANY0017_zps112d9fc4.jpg

Add 2 pounds of cut up chicken and stir to coat. Allow to marinate while preparing the other 2 steps.
SANY0018_zpseb55ca67.jpg

Step 2 is just putting half a cup of raw cashews and 3 tablespoons of plain yogurt in a blender with 2-3 tablespoons of water and pureeing into a smooth paste, then putting it aside until needed.
SANY0021_zps93d72023.jpg

Step 3 involves the spices on the plate, a large sweet onion and 3 chopped tomatoes (or a can of fire roasted chopped tomatoes.)
SANY0023_zpseba35e22.jpg

First I finely chop the onion and green chile... I used some of the last of my Jalapenos for that, and fry for 3-4 minutes over medium heat in 4 tbsp of vegetable oil or ghee.
SANY0024_zpse91b2da4.jpg

Next, add the bay leaves, cloves, lightly crushed cardamom pods and 1-2 sticks of cinnamon and fry for a few seconds, then add the chicken pieces and 1 tsp of turmeric and fry for another 6-7 minutes.
SANY0025_zpse511c347.jpg

Add the tomatoes, bring to a simmer, and cook for 10 minutes.
SANY0026_zps0a178b69.jpg

Lastly, stir in the cashew/yogurt mixture and simmer for another 3 minutes. You should have a thick, golden-colored curry that goes well over rice. :)  Plate shot after supper... ;)

Thanks for the good vibe Jeff. :) I'll definitely be hanging out here through the winter and indulging in one of my favorite pastimes... :drooling:

Howdy all, and happy Thanksgiving! We're off to a flying start today thanks to a SFRB from brother Jamie... you rock bro'!
SANY0035_zps0ce8231f.jpg

I just had to whip up a breakfast sammie with one of the burgundy Habs. :drooling:  I toasted some of my honey-buttermilk whole wheat bread, chopped the pepper into the beaten eggs and sprinkled some garlic powder and ground cumin on, then added sliced white American cheese. That'll get the motor running for our house-cleaning party this morning for sure. ;)
SANY0036_zps74d5000e.jpg

SANY0037_zpse80e3cd4.jpg

SANY0039_zps3b5700e0.jpg

I hope you all have a happy and "fulfilling" day with friends and family. Cheers!

This thread is just loaded with deliciousness. I will be giving a lot of your recipes a go over the winter months!

We tried kimchi for the first time this summer and loved it. Some homemade stuff from a little Korean convenience/liquor shop up in cottage-land. Actually I think it was a post of yours somewhere on THP that made me aware the stuff existed even. So thanks, it was delicious! Not likely I would have bought the jar had I not known what it was.

Looking forward to seeing what else you cook up this winter!

Sorry Paul... not my M-4. It's a nice looking piece though. I'm the guy standing in the middle of the river waving a stick (fly fishing). :)

Thanks for dropping by!

stickman said:
Sorry Paul... not my M-4. It's a nice looking piece though. I'm the guy standing in the middle of the river waving a stick (fly fishing). :)

Thanks for dropping by!

It's all good.

I'd LOVE to challenge you to a curry or biryani throwdown......

Your kung-fu is STRONG!!

paulky_2000 said:

It's all good.

I'd LOVE to challenge you to a curry or biryani throwdown......

Your kung-fu is STRONG!!

That'd be fun guy... maybe after the holidays... I'm bespoke until then. ;)
Husker21 said:
That korma looks killer man. Gotta try that!

Give it a shot Chris... it's really easy to make and will impress your significant "other". ;)  I made the Sookhe Aloo to bring along on my first date with my wife 20 years ago, and it's still one of her favorites.

Back