• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pics Harvest

From an old Ohio magazine

Attachments

• the_harvest.jpg
    the_harvest.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 70
sobelri said:

Keep an eye on www.geopot.com.  In the past they start to discount their grow bags and shipping this time of year.  

They are gunna have to get much cheaper than the normal price for me to bite. I got 12 for about what they want for 4. Just gunna get another 6-12 for next year depending on how these held up. A couple took a beating.

ShowMeDaSauce said:

They are gunna have to get much cheaper than the normal price for me to bite. I got 12 for about what they want for 4. Just gunna get another 6-12 for next year depending on how these held up. A couple took a beating.

I've only seen them for 50% off and free shipping at geopot.  

I just had my first frost here, I covered the plants and they survived but I harvested green pods heavily. It's a mix of several kinds. The result is not very hot, fairly balanced with salt/onion/garlic, quite similar to a typical verde sauce.

And that's about it for the season. I still have three little habs developing pods, and some green serranos which might have time to ripen,  but everything else is done.  Oh how this makes me wish I had a greenhouse. I might try to dig those little habs and grow them on a windowsill.

I still have a few red pods to process. I think I'll slice them and dry them and grind them for seasoning.

It was a decent growing year, though rather dry in the second half. The mix of plants all had their own growth habits. The only disappointments were the bells, which never amounted to much. The serranos were tigers; I learned a new respect for them. The poblanos yielded but the pods never grew to a large size for stuffing, etc. The Anaheim was late to bear but it had so much weight that it sagged. Good pods but they needed more time. 

Well that's how it is in Ohio, the season closes and almost everything goes into winter dormancy. I envy the board members who can grow their plants year-round. 

Bhuter said:
Orange......I like the color, but I love the pods even more! How many of the 10 plants have ripened...and have ripened to Orange? If you feel like saving seeds this year, I'd love to trade you some (of the many, many, MANY...) varieties that I have for seeds from all of your "Peach Ghost" plants that ripen to orange.

Would that be something you'd be willing to do for me..?
:woohoo::woohoo:
:dance: Very noice!!! :party:
:woohoo:

Thank you!!!
-Adam

What country are you in? Do you want the fresh pods so you can try them and take the seeds out yourself or do you just want seeds?

A few different bbg Peach ghost phenotypes, a few Carolina Reapers and the yellow ones in the bags are the ones I picked green about a week or so ago. About 90% turned yellow, a few went rotten and a few didn't turn Yellow. They are frozen ready to go in the vacuum sealer to be dried and made into powder at a later date.

Attachments

• 20191017_174239.jpg
    20191017_174239.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 74
  • 20191017_174541.jpg
    20191017_174541.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 70
No hard frost or freeze yet but its coming pretty soon.

Managed a few more. Most of the red ones were not a nice deep red but its better than a greener. All the brown bhuts are finally in. Not even a greener left. Still have a few panca outside. Got 2 inside and 2 in the dehydrator. Last few batches im drying at much lower temps so the seeds should be good.
G1XAAH7.jpg

Another full quart bag of dried aji panca. Damn things are pricey on Amazon and i know mine are pesticide free.
OMFRjYC.jpg

Cleared out my last harvest for making some powders.  One with red habs, red bhuts, and other assorted red things.  The other yellow Jamaican SB, and lemmon drops.  Both very hot.
This week we've had a flush of red bhuts, and gold hab-x-sb mystery peppers.  Cold front coming through tomorrow, so cooler weather again.

Attachments

• IMG_2153.jpg
    IMG_2153.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 66
Back