• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pics Harvest

Some of my bbg peach ghosts look exactly the same as the ones in that photo, not only are the calyx completely Peach coloured it also goes up the pedicle

I have 10 bbg peach ghosts and everyone is growing different to the next. The peach coloured phenotypes all have colour on the calyx and pedicle. The orange phenotypes and the Scorpion looking phenotypes dont, no matter how long I leave them on the plant. I have had some peach ones with colour all the way upto the stem the pedicle is growing from, I'm leaving some on the plant now to see if it will go any further

Attachments

• 20190928_100253.jpg
    20190928_100253.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 61
  • 20190928_100627.jpg
    20190928_100627.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 57
  • 20190928_100544.jpg
    20190928_100544.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 64
  • 20190928_100643.jpg
    20190928_100643.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 59
Swinglish said:
I have 10 bbg peach ghosts and everyone is growing different to the next. The peach coloured phenotypes all have colour on the calyx and pedicle. The orange phenotypes and the Scorpion looking phenotypes dont, no matter how long I leave them on the plant. I have had some peach ones with colour all the way upto the stem the pedicle is growing from, I'm leaving some on the plant now to see if it will go any further
Orange......I like the color, but I love the pods even more! How many of the 10 plants have ripened...and have ripened to Orange? If you feel like saving seeds this year, I'd love to trade you some (of the many, many, MANY...) varieties that I have for seeds from all of your "Peach Ghost" plants that ripen to orange.

Would that be something you'd be willing to do for me..?
:woohoo::woohoo:
:dance: Very noice!!! :party:
:woohoo:

Thank you!!!
-Adam

Swinglish said:

Those are really cool pods Swinglish!

Bhuter said:
Orange......I like the color, but I love the pods even more! How many of the 10 plants have ripened...and have ripened to Orange? If you feel like saving seeds this year, I'd love to trade you some (of the many, many, MANY...) varieties that I have for seeds from all of your "Peach Ghost" plants that ripen to orange.

Would that be something you'd be willing to do for me..?
:woohoo::woohoo:
:dance: Very noice!!! :party:
:woohoo:

Thank you!!!
-Adam
I think 3 of the plants produced pure orange fruit, I'm more than happy to send you seeds or a few pods so you can try them and take the seeds out yourself. Each plant was hand pollinated with a small paint brush, each plant had it's own brush to avoid cross pollination but most were grown in the same greenhouse so thre is a small chance some seeds may be cross pollinated, but it will only be with another BBG Peach ghost if atall. I've had to bring all plants into the house as night temps are around 0C now. I was going to select my favourite few plants to over winter....but there all my favourite so I have about 45 fully grown plants in a room that gets direct sunlight most of the day.

Can some one help identify what these peppers might be?

I have already posted yhis in pepperID section but as this thread gets more traction, want to try my luck here too..

These were supposed to be baha goats but turned out to be completely different.
Heat level and taste is similar to scotch bonnet.
9512f13b7019a9a30e6c3d897efab3ea.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

saiias said:
Can some one help identify what these peppers might be?

I have already posted yhis in pepperID section but as this thread gets more traction, want to try my luck here too..

These were supposed to be baha goats but turned out to be completely different.
Heat level and taste is similar to scotch bonnet.
In your original thread, help needed, there's the pic below. multiple fruit per node and constricted calyx is C.chinense but bumpy skin not indicative of habanero. Sorry, no help beyond that.

post-14657-0-12029100-1563682117_thumb.jpg

The_NorthEast_ChileMan said:
In your original thread, help needed, there's the pic below. multiple fruit per node and constricted calyx is C.chinense but bumpy skin not indicative of habanero. Sorry, no help beyond that.

post-14657-0-12029100-1563682117_thumb.jpg
Scotch Bonnet??  Only because I have plants that produce similar pods.

Here's my first haul of 2019. I'd already had a dozen fresnos off and cooked a few Anaheims that were cut early due to spider mites. 
I'm pretty pleased for a first year growing multiple plants!

Top row: Fresnos
Second row: Anaheims
Third row: non-ghosts (all from same seeds) - plant 1(no heat at all)/ plant 2(getting warm)/ plant 3(burning hot fire!)
Bottom row: Apaches
n3xdi08.jpg

I've pickled the Apaches, stuffed and munched the Anaheims and sauced the fresnos with a few of the hotter 'non-ghosts'

Back