• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pics Harvest

xBepXHz.jpg

this weeks pull  :cool:
been like this the last few weeks, for sure all of September.

Not gonna tell you September isn't stressful, waiting for things to ripen way up here in the great white north don'tchya know  !
 Seeing plants Loaded with unripe pods is making me crazy  :crazy:  still...
and I've dealt with these conditions for years now !  :lol:
forecast says we got another week before first frost.
 I've got the ' bedsheets,' ready, for first frost, and might even wrap their pots in OIdschool christmas lights for the extra heat  :rofl:  :crazy:  :cool:
learned a couple years ago that this time of year, the driveway get's 2 extra hours of light  :cool:
sometimes the extra work of growing in pots actually pays off  :metal:

:cheers:

The temperature here started dropping well below 0C so I had to pull the last of my outdoor pods before the cold hit them. They were all green but now there starting to turn yellow. I harvested them about 3 days ago but I fucked my back up so have been unable to check on them untill just now. When they are all Yellow I will freeze them and then dry them at a later date to make powder with.

Attachments

• 20191009_173229.jpg
    20191009_173229.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 72
Next year im going with my fabric pots on the deck steps. Stuff there just seems to produce the best for me and produce sooner. Most of the panca plants this year were in a raised bed. Grew a bit slower but got huge. Seems they spent most of the season just growing. Im sure close to half my pods are not gunna make it in time. I got a bunch but i still i hate to see one of my favorites go to waste. I had 2 in my jala patch, they didnt do a whole lot but they were planted later.

Pretty big difference in my pods vs the Burma Spice powder. Mine taste better but are not as hot which is what i want for seasoning. Next year im also adding a spicy chocolate bell type from Mexico.

yeah, i know how that goes, i plant most in fabric bags, pots, buckets, empty tidycat kitty litter tubs (almost 5 gal), etc. 

the plants at the in-laws place get bigger because they are in ground as well
however it's a trade off, they take even longer to ripen as well too.
i have learned that where i keep my rows in our garden does fantastic early, but is shadowed part of the day later in the year
and by having my plants in pots/buckets/bags...
I can drag them out to the driveway on a small snow-sled, and in the driveway they get 2 more hours of direct light this time of year then where they were lined up in the garden.

we have had snow and frosty nights already  :mope:

this was my final pull for the year.
cRjFmgu.jpg
lotsa green, but some should continue to ripen on the table indoors over the next week + if anything from previous years experience is any indication of what to expect.

Just tossed everything ripe in the dehydrator and THEN....my brother went outside checking. We got a 2-3 more days near 70F ahead.

WELL, he came in with a 7 more Dreadies and 5 more TFMs all in nice shape. I didnt even look when i was out there. I know the ISO JPGS out front had a few yesterday. Maybe 5-6. Im just sick i got so many aji panca and brown bhuts still out there. The big brown bhuts are rather nasty fresh but dried they are pretty nice.

My last pull will be some greeners for an experiment. Maybe a super cilantro chutney of sorts. I think they do something like that in Bangladesh?

ShowMeDaSauce said:
Just tossed everything ripe in the dehydrator and THEN....my brother went outside checking. We got a 2-3 more days near 70F ahead.

WELL, he came in with a 7 more Dreadies and 5 more TFMs all in nice shape. I didnt even look when i was out there. I know the ISO JPGS out front had a few yesterday. Maybe 5-6. Im just sick i got so many aji panca and brown bhuts still out there. The big brown bhuts are rather nasty fresh but dried they are pretty nice.

My last pull will be some greeners for an experiment. Maybe a super cilantro chutney of sorts. I think they do something like that in Bangladesh?
I just put at least 6,000 greenies in the burn pile  :cry: .  I'm very interested in your experiment.  

Guatemalan Insanity Pepper said:
yeah, i know how that goes, i plant most in fabric bags, pots, buckets, empty tidycat kitty litter tubs (almost 5 gal), etc. 

the plants at the in-laws place get bigger because they are in ground as well
however it's a trade off, they take even longer to ripen as well too.
i have learned that where i keep my rows in our garden does fantastic early, but is shadowed part of the day later in the year
and by having my plants in pots/buckets/bags...
I can drag them out to the driveway on a small snow-sled, and in the driveway they get 2 more hours of direct light this time of year then where they were lined up in the garden.

we have had snow and frosty nights already  :mope:

this was my final pull for the year.
cRjFmgu.jpg
lotsa green, but some should continue to ripen on the table indoors over the next week + if anything from previous years experience is any indication of what to expect.

nice haul GIP!  many of those will ripen for sure as you already know. nice variety also. :cheers:

Back