Hello and HELP From Hot Springs

I am of course new to the forum, But I am in need of some help, I have a pepper plant (chili) from Madagascar. It is like no other chilis I have tasted, however this plant (the only plant) is not producing fruit. It flowers/blossoms but nothing more. I have tried pollinating it myself, I have "lightly shaken" it to perhaps get it to produce. It has been indoors since a seedling and am willing to place it outdoors if it requires insects to pollinate it. I will have pictures attached to show what the plant looks like and to show it's health. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks Scott If someone can tell me how to post to the main forum and how to upload the photos, that would help too.

Hi from Western Australia.

Yes hand pollinating with a cotton bud rubbed onto the anthers and the stigma can help as well as shaking, so am not sure why it isn't setting fruit. Are the flowers falling off too early?

To post photos you need a photo sharing account like photoshop https://www.photoshop.com/. Copy the first link then when you go to post a message click on the little mountain picture and paste your link. Make sure the photo isn't too big though.

Chiles flowers usually take care of pollinating themselves, it sounds like you're plants aren't producing pollen, or the pollen may be sterile. Just have patience, this is quite common early on. Maybe do a search and check out Willard's list of reason's for flower drop, its been posted frequently around here
Oh ya, welcome from Ontario, Canada eh!

I would be interested in knowing what fertilize you are using and the NPK ratios...

well some reasons could cause flowes loss 1. to dray the plant can look healthy but not getting enough water to turn the pods flowers into pods.2- to much water if you over water the plant the flowers will fall.3-the temp is not right. if it gets too hot on the plant the flower will fall. so make sure that its not too hot for that kind of plant.

Here's Willard's list again.

Flower drop probable causes:

1. Day temp too high >95F
2. Night temp too low

Back