Hello Everyone!!!!

Just stopping in to say hello, I'm new to the whole pepper growing scene and this looks like a good place to find the advice and tips I may need to be successful, as far as me I'm a typical hillbilly that likes to make, build, and grow things for myself as much as possible as it's a rewarding experience when you get to sit back and enjoy the fruits of you labor.

The peppers I am attempting to grow from seeds are Bhut Jolokia, Red Savina Habanero, Chocolate Habanero, White Habenaro, Caribbean Habanero, and Thai Birds Eye peppers.

Here is my plan and schedule, feel free to offer suggestions if anything looks off or could be done better/differently.
I have been doing a fair amount of reading and looks like the seeds can all be started the same way, the plan is moist soil in a tray "separate for each species" kept at keep at 85 degrees with a heat mat till I get sprouts "I'm hoping this will happen early May" then I will transplant them into little pots with grow lights "4ft T5s" indoors until June, at this point I will start taking them outdoors a few hours at a time until they are out 24/7 aiming for June 15th or 20th to have them outdoors for the remainder of the season.

I am looking for the best way to plant the different species as 800ft apart is not a possibility for me unless I use my neighbors yards :D the jolokias will be planted out back "where the kids cannot get to them" and I think they will be far enough away from the others to be safe with the house in between, I'm not sure how I plan to do the rest yet but I'll post those questions in another section.

Well there you have it, I look forward to meeting and growing with you guys and girls.

Eric

Welcome Eric and good luck this season. Have you ever had a chocolate habanero before? It is one of my favorites.

Hi Eric! Great to see you have your pepper growing all planned out. From past experience with some bhut seeds...they sometimes take awhile to germinate, so the quicker you get them to germinating the better!

Best of luck in your season and look forward to hearing how things go for you! :dance:

Thanks for the warm welcome, at this point I have not tried any of the above peppers except the Birds Eye peppers and the Red Habanero, I have eaten a few smokers grown by some of my friends over the years but cannot remember the names, to date I would say the Red Habanero is the hottest pepper I have eaten.

I read the Bhuts are slow starters I'm hoping optimum conditions will give me that 10-12 day sprout I have heard about, if it takes longer I'll work with that some of these plants will be cut back and returned to the grow lights for the winter months so at least I'll have a head start for next year, :D I should have started the seeds last month when I was planning but I hesitated and now I'm a little behind, I will keep a little journal thread on here to document my process and progress so I can look back over it down the road and see what I learned.

Hey :welcome: from Central CA. Unless you're wanting to make sure you have pure seed to harvest for the next year, spacing is not an issue for the different species. If they cross pollinate it will be the next generation of plants that will be affected.

You came to the right place, great info, and right friendly folks

welcome.gif
and good luck with you peppers.

I believe this may just be the holy land :D

Thanks you all for the warm welcome! I really like this site and the layout it's very functional with a great group of members.

I believe this may just be the holy land :D

Thanks you all for the warm welcome! I really like this site and the layout it's very functional with a great group of members.
Yeah, well I referred to Israel though... :lol:

Just stopping in to say hello, I'm new to the whole pepper growing scene and this looks like a good place to find the advice and tips I may need to be successful, as far as me I'm a typical hillbilly that likes to make, build, and grow things for myself as much as possible as it's a rewarding experience when you get to sit back and enjoy the fruits of you labor.

The peppers I am attempting to grow from seeds are Bhut Jolokia, Red Savina Habanero, Chocolate Habanero, White Habenaro, Caribbean Habanero, and Thai Birds Eye peppers.

Here is my plan and schedule, feel free to offer suggestions if anything looks off or could be done better/differently.
I have been doing a fair amount of reading and looks like the seeds can all be started the same way, the plan is moist soil in a tray "separate for each species" kept at keep at 85 degrees with a heat mat till I get sprouts "I'm hoping this will happen early May" then I will transplant them into little pots with grow lights "4ft T5s" indoors until June, at this point I will start taking them outdoors a few hours at a time until they are out 24/7 aiming for June 15th or 20th to have them outdoors for the remainder of the season.

I am looking for the best way to plant the different species as 800ft apart is not a possibility for me unless I use my neighbors yards :D the jolokias will be planted out back "where the kids cannot get to them" and I think they will be far enough away from the others to be safe with the house in between, I'm not sure how I plan to do the rest yet but I'll post those questions in another section.

Well there you have it, I look forward to meeting and growing with you guys and girls.

Eric

welcome.gif

Back