Hello from Texas

Hello. I live between Houston and Humble Texas. I started gardening this year during the spring. I do belong to other garden forums as well. My main interest (as far as food goes) in growing are tomatoes and peppers. I attempted to grow bell peppers, banana peppers, and jalapeno peppers. My banana peppers practily grew themselves. I only got two jalapeno peppers and no bell peppers though. Those two I tried to grow in shallow containers and that might be my problem. The jalapeno pepper plants are still alive and I am considering putting them in bigger containers and building a green house. I hope to learn much from yall. Nice to meet yall.

Welcome from Ontario, Canada.

Peppers do require root space, nice deep pots. For most peppers that are small bush varietys, habaneros, jalapenos etc, I use 12" across pots with a few handfuls of stones on the bottom of the pot to aid in drainage.

Hope this helps. The first year I grew Jalapenos, I only got a few peppers too, the next year I tried bigger pots - a Jolokia plant I had was about 2 feet in diameter and about 3 feet tall produced about 40 peppers for me.

Well anyone from heaven, hell, Houston or Humble sportin' a Lone Star avatar is just fine in my book compadre! Welcome to the mothership, it's a great ride. Never can have too many Texican's here.
Bien Veneidos!

Welcome from Miami! I've found Bell peppers to be troublesome, not worth the effort. Jalapenos work marginally here. I've found that habaneros, tabasco and serranos produce well in this heat. Welcome!

Back