Hello from the border ranges NSW, Australia (green country) ;-)

Hello everyone,

I live in the green mountain ranges of Northern NSW (Queensland border) its a mixture of temprate & tropical growing condtions,

not far from Nimbin. :high:

I used to live in Perth (Westen Australia) which is a hot dry mediterranean climate & ideally suited to growing chili`s (as i did) but after a recent heart attack i have moved east to a cooler climate as its easier on the ticker.

I read many storys on the interweb about the benifits of high heat cayenne powder on your internal organs (especially cardio vascular) and decided to grow my some hot varietys to make my own organic high heat cayenne powder.

Like an idiot i just planted out my bhut jolokia seeds direct in to my seed trays & waited, and i waited, and i waited some more. Nothing happened & so i threw the seed mix back in the bag & that was that, or so i thought,,,,,

A few months later i planted out some "Asparagus" seedlings and they was growing great & then i noticed a few green shoots popping up randomly amongst the "Asparagus" i recognized the tips right away as chili by the pointed tips on the leaves, yeee haaa my bhut jolokia seeds had survived.

So now i have three super healthy large plants (with fruit), two smaller ones that emerged a month later & only just last week three more seedlings popped up amongst the "Asparagus" :whistle:

So im a very happy chappy right now as i thought id cocked the whole thing up & wasted my money.
Ive since read on here how you start the seedling off & take it as a lesson learned. Also after many hours of lurking & reading i found some more varities to grown & have just placed my order with pepper lover.

So the next three that i will be growning are, brain strain, butch t & douglah.

Thanks to everyone for posting there suggestions, thats what makes a great forum.

Look forward to making some of them suaces & trying out the recipies.

Cheers, :cheers:

Mezo.

Hey, Mezo :welcome: from the Pacific Northwest USA, the 'Green Country Across the Pacific'!
Your 'companion planting' episode is a great story. Never give up hope!

Maybe, are you the guy that asks for discounts on everything? We can't drop the price on poo.. it's poo, it's cheap already.

Back