• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

media Hesi coco 1-component fertilizer for coco growing

solid7 said:
The NPK discussions are valuable to those who want to grow more, spend less.  I'm sorry I don't have a clever meme to drive that point home.

Does this work?\

35xgjT8.png

`

The_NorthEast_ChileMan said:
Too bad the 2nd statement is true, else the first one might not have to be. That's the point that newbies should take from all of this. Don't make the same mistake as the previous generation - just grow.

The_NorthEast_ChileMan said:
Would you like me to make a MEME for your avatar so we know you're serious?
No, thank you. Nobody takes memes seriously.

End of june morning update:

This morning i noticed at least two new tiny pods, perhaps the chili plant liked the the rain all day long yesterday.

Aji lemon drop keep on growing and there is a lot of tiny pods coming, i just hope all of those will stick this time around:

Aji cristal grows ever so massive by the day:

The whole plant is full of flowers now and it started to produce pods:

Hesi coco appears to be working very good at this point as a stand alone chili growing fertilizer and i will keep on updating this topic with pictures ever so often.

I got another quite interesting report to make, when it comes to the battle between the ghe nutes vs Hesi coco.

This is the Ghe floramicro/floramato Aji pineapple:

Yes, i see a lot of flowers in the Ghe fed Aji pineapple, but this is the Hesi coco fed Aji lemon drop:

They both should be about equal when it comes to pod production and overall growing behavior, but so far i see far more tiny pods in the Hesi coco fed Lemon drop than the Ghe fed Aji pineapple..To me this is very interesting indeed, as it seems like the Lemon drop have entered in the pod production mindset far earlier than the Aji pineapple.

It's impossible to even hint at a connection, just on this criteria alone.  You can't compare results from 2 different types of plants.  For your experiment to even lead to any kind of correlation, you'd want to be growing multiples of the exact same plant, and divide them evenly down the middle. (one nutrient vs the other)

solid7 said:
It's impossible to even hint at a connection, just on this criteria alone.  You can't compare results from 2 different types of plants.  For your experiment to even lead to any kind of correlation, you'd want to be growing multiples of the exact same plant, and divide them evenly down the middle. (one nutrient vs the other)

They are close enough that i am not going to do that in my growing environment with multiple similar plants and why so serious, did someone piss in your morning flakes??? :rofl:

Chilidude said:

They are close enough that i am not going to do that in my growing environment with multiple similar plants and why so serious, did someone piss in your morning flakes??? :rofl:

No, wasn't upset in the least.  If you're doing a review that might lead people to make buying decisions, it's not good to include logical or scientific fallacies.  And if you do, when someone points it out, just accept it as constructive criticism.  This is a discussion forum, after all. And you leapt pretty quickly to a (false) conclusion, there. :)
You put this topic out to the world, and I'm following it with interest.

solid7 said:

No, wasn't upset in the least.  If you're doing a review that might lead people to make buying decisions, it's not good to include logical or scientific fallacies.  And if you do, when someone points it out, just accept it as constructive criticism.  This is a discussion forum, after all. And you leapt pretty quickly to a (false) conclusion, there. :)
You put this topic out to the world, and I'm following it with interest.

But i am also a firm believer to the fact that you can alter the behavior of the plant how soon it will start to bloom or make fruits with different npk rations and i very well know you dont believe in those so called "bloom" fertilizers, so it is no use to argue about that any further.

I will continue observing the plants and update this topic with pictures as usual, but for now i have positive feeling about this Hesi coco fertilizer and it just might become one of better fertilizers for chili growing that do not cost you an arm and a leg while providing good results.

You can definitely cause a plant to bloom by drawing down nitrogen.  That's how it's done.  Not ideal for a long-term grow, but it will definitely induce bloom.  I never said that couldn't be done.  Also, this has nothing to do with bloom fertilizers, or biases.  It was just a simple point. 
All that I'm doing, is pointing out to the casual observer that your observation wasn't accurately constructed.  My assumption was that you want to help new and future growers, no?  Or is there some other motivation to this experiment?
I think that it's great that you take the time to do testing on products. But if you don't make proper correlations, we're stuck in the same old rut.  :deadhorse:

solid7 said:
All that I'm doing, is pointing out to the casual observer that your observation wasn't accurately constructed.  My assumption was that you want to help new and future growers, no?  Or is there some other motivation to this experiment?

One thing could have hugely altered the stage these two plants are now and it is possible the wind, but i try to shake all the plants multiple times a day to possible make them pollunate the flowers evenly, but soon as i saw the state of that Hesi coco lemon drop i rushed to buy all the possible shares from the Hesi company with all my life saves. ;) :rofl: Joking aside i just want to save some money in the long run and perhaps save someone else money too if this stuff ends up being really good for the money.

Chilidude said:
Joking aside i just want to save some money in the long run and perhaps save someone else money too by not believing all the hype or marketing that is out there for various fertilizers.

Same here.  That is my only motivation.  It was a very long journey for me, as a new container grower, having been previously spoiled by good soil, to learn how to grow in my (new at the time) harsh conditions.  Please don't take my words personally.  I only speak what I see, and I give credit where credit is due.

solid7 said:

Same here.  That is my only motivation.  It was a very long journey for me, as a new container grower, having been previously spoiled by good soil, to learn how to grow in my (new at the time) harsh conditions.  Please don't take my words personally.  I only speak what I see, and I give credit where credit is due.

In the beginning i ended up using the Ghe floramicro/floramato combo solely because mr. Fatalii, the biggers commercial chili grower in Finland tested it in hydroponic growing many years ago with results that can make your eyes fall out of their sockets, but who could say that there could not be a cheaper alternative for coco coir growing that could provide similar results while costing much less in the long run and this fact alone makes the testing so interesting. :rolleyes:

For now all my plants looks very similar with both fertilizers and if you took all the labels away+did not tell me what plant uses what fertilizer, it would be very hard to tell the difference.

solid7 said:
In the end, what you will prove - I am absolutely certain of - is that a cheap nutrient works just as well as an expensive one.

Or/and they did put a hell of a stable combination of different nutrients in a single bottle that can act like a a+b product.

Chilidude said:

Or/and they did put a hell of a stable combination of different nutrients in a single bottle that can act like a a+b product.

Stable one-part ferts are the mark of a good maker.  It's the calcium that's the trick - very hard to keep in suspension without creating ionic bonds.  Also, one-parts do no favor$ to the manufacturer of said ferts.  So, we should always take note of this fact.

solid7 said:

Stable one-part ferts are the mark of a good maker.  It's the calcium that's the trick - very hard to keep in suspension without creating ionic bonds.  Also, one-parts do no favor$ to the manufacturer of said ferts.  So, we should always take note of this fact.

The Hesi coco bottle do say to use the TNT complex for the growing phase, but i do not find any use for the TNT stuff as it seems like the Hesi coco stuff does it all.

Chilidude said:

i have positive feeling about this Hesi coco fertilizer and it just might become one of better fertilizers for chili growing that do not cost you an arm and a leg while providing good results.
what do you mean by good results?

> 1000 fruits on single plants?

lek said:
what do you mean by good results?

> 1000 fruits on single plants?

A 1000 fruits in a single plant...Now that would be a impossible dream for a hobby grower with limited equipment and really short growing season, but for me a good result is a chili plant that have plenty of chili pods hanging on it's branches in the end of the season considering plant size and growing place.

Each person have their own thinking what is good or great results depending where you live, even a 100-200 ripe pods in a single plant would make me cream my pants when you consider how crappy my growing place really is.

Back