• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Hey, I'm not the only one!

Squirrel and Rabbit recipes are on this page!:lol: I actually cooked squirrel last night. I took a break from deer hunting and did some squirrel hunting. I saw five, but only took two shots. I'm picky and don't like wounding stuff and wasting ammo. I got a nice fox squirrel to take home, missed a grey and saw a few black squirrels with no clean shot so I didn't take it. Anywho, haven't had it in a while and I just simply cooked it up fried in flour, salt&pepper, then I dipped it in ranch. Honestly really good stuff. Especially with the sauteed blewit mushrooms I picked earlier this year and onions. Had a nice spinach salad with it too. (Thought of making a spicy version of squirrel, but didn't want to mess up the taste of the blewits. Will try that later though.) Also, I just realized this could be in other foods....oops!:lol:http://members.tripod.com/~BayGourmet/askchef.html

Also, I didn't forget you're strogonoff recipe Pepperfreak, I'll try that next. Probably need a couple more. The season is until February now and after I bowhunt my mother-in-laws this weekend for deer I'll be messing around for them more.

You may as well change the name of this thread to: How to lose friends and make enemies

YOU HEARTLESS MURDERER..........YOU'LL BE HEARING FROM MY FRIENDS FROM PETA.........

Hey, Dick that's funny!!:lol::lol: Yeah, I like my wild game meat:lol::hell:

P.S.- By the way PETA stands for People Eating Tasty Animals to me...lol!!.......Also, you're peanut snacks ROCK!! Also, they either love me or hate me...lol!!

Hey Dick where can i buy your tastey treats? I am in the Hunter Valley in case you are blind :)

Rabbit, how does one skin a squirrel, is it like skinning a rabbit?

Novacastrian said:
Hey Dick where can i buy your tastey treats? I am in the Hunter Valley in case you are blind :)

Chain saw is quickest.......

What about rodent turducken style? A mouse in a hamster in a squirrel in a guinea pig in a rabbit in a ground hog... ...a bit difficult with the sizes though. Big hamster wouldn't fit in a small squirrel.

Sickmont said:
Can't say i've ever had squirrel. Save me some to try, will ya?
Hey, Sickmont if you're ever in Michigan you are more than welcome to come over for dinner. If I have some you're more than welcome to it.:) I have lot's of wildmushrooms too. Had some sauteed onions and honeymushrooms on a burger today. Good stuff.

Novacastrian said:

I think squirrels are tougher to skin than rabbits, but it's skinned the same way. You cut off the head, tail (Keep that and cure the end with salt and give it to my cat to play with he goes nuts over it:lol:), After that you make a cut in the skin on the back and pull apart in both directions. It comes right off.

imaguitargod said:
It's also the messiesh and most fun!!! :lol:

"If God didn't want us eating animals he wouldn't have made them out of meat."

I don't think a chain saw would be very effective:shocked::lol:. However, yeah meat's meat.:lol:

Armadillo said:
What about rodent turducken style? A mouse in a hamster in a squirrel in a guinea pig in a rabbit in a ground hog... ...a bit difficult with the sizes though. Big hamster wouldn't fit in a small squirrel.
Don't think that one would work very well. Pretty funny though!:lol:

rabbit - I here squirrel is good but I never try them because not much meat on them. was thinking of putting some traps out in the yard to get some rabbits & eat, have a bunch of'em running around.
heard you need to look out for the liver color before eating rabbits, is that true ?

is that you on the right ? :lol: after the great squirrel hunt.

monstersquirrel.jpg

Hahaha, my mother is standing behind me asking how you get squirrels that big hahahah. Had to explain that they are gi joes'!

Good one chilihunter:P

nova - thats funny that she thought it was for real :lol:
I found this on the internet & had to save it cuz it was too funny. suppose this might be a reason why adults shouldnt have action figures :lol:

Back