• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Hi Again

Hi guys, just saying hello again from OZ. I haven't been on for a long time. I currently don't make sauce commercially anymore but thinking about bringing it all back in Summer. I am however still growing alot of peppers and this spring coming intent to grow a small commercial crop of believe it or not a hybrid chilli we have been working on, basically a Anaheim type pepper with the heat of a jalapeno. Nothing special but there is no good quality supply of Tex Mex/ Mexican type stuffing- eating peppers in OZ in my experience..

Welcome back Stillz, where ya been man? I need some updated carnivore pictures from you if you are still growing them.

HeY Nova I sold my Cafe and am Running the Seaview Hotel Kitchen the one I did the last wing Challenge at. So Don't have the facilities to make at present. But I will be bringing some of the products back in the new year. I am mainly interested in growing mexican and central american herbs and chillis for the hospitality industry. I also am setting up a commercial smoking facility I want to get in to the chipotle and smoked meats market and hopefully planning a mexican style cantina type outlet down the track..
Heres some pics of my Hab Garden which is no longer but man did it produce.Was behind my cafe which we sold.
DSCF4837.jpg

DSCF4838.jpg

DSCF4840.jpg

and this is a link to the last wing comp we did at the Pub I am head chef at now ..small world lol
Hey Nova do you remember this mate was a good good night
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wvvfBuOsVA&feature=related

Its good to be back. I'm going to have to go check out this throw down gig. Something I'm very interested in at the moment is rellenos.

Welcome back Mick we all missed you around here. Now get back in the kitchen and make another batch of hot sauce. Sorry the Rainbow takeaway is no longer but the new place looks jammin'. If you want any seed to get back up and running I will be more than happy to help. Awesome Chocolate Habanero garden and harvest!

Sounds great might take you up on the offer. Hey this might interest you, I believe am setting up Australia's first commercial(very small couple hundred plants) epazote and tomatillo crop. Thats how far behind Australia is in the Mex /Texmex/Numex gigs. I'm leaving the superhots for the madman (I have about an acre of nagas in central qld coast that my Uncle runs and sells for me) but I am concentrating on the holy trinity chilis etc. Really looking for good quality seeds for pasila bajio , poblano, and guajillo peppers. I'm getting right into traditional southern mexican cooking as well as modern tex mex, its just not done well in Australia.

Rellenos are my favorite Mexican food. Yeah man, get into the peppers, and open up a new Mexican joint with a pepper farm in the backyard, and get back into sauces.

I am mate, keen as, the owner of the pub said he will build a cinder block smoke house for me at the Seaview. and I am building a double barrell smoker for my house. Its winter here now but I have started about 400 anaheim peppers I have a couple acres of land in the Brisbane valley being prepped were we are going to do anaheims, tomatillos, epazote, and most probably jalapeno once we decide on the right variety. I want to do a tex mex place that does rellenos and really good burritos and enchilada. Thats the long term plan anyhow.

I am mate, keen as, the owner of the pub said he will build a cinder block smoke house for me at the Seaview. and I am building a double barrell smoker for my house. Its winter here now but I have started about 400 anaheim peppers I have a couple acres of land in the Brisbane valley being prepped were we are going to do anaheims, tomatillos, epazote, and most probably jalapeno once we decide on the right variety. I want to do a tex mex place that does rellenos and really good burritos and enchilada. Thats the long term plan anyhow.
Cool man! It would be cool if you did authentic enchiladas which is layered not rolled. It's like a Mexican lasagna! Check it out.

Sweet as, yup i remember that night well. My left arm went numb and my hand was tingling lol. Great to hear that things are going well for you, next time i am in queensland i will stop in and get my grub on!

Back