Hi from Bendigo

Hi,
Just arrived from Bendigo in Australia. I'm a chili novice. Just been buying some seeds, so just waiting until the right time of year and I'll start growing them and then to learn about eating them too.
Peter.

Hello mate its great to see another Aussie on the forum, what variety of seeds are you interested in?

Welcome!

Gday fellow Aussie chillihead ! Great forum great people !
You will enjoy it here !
from CM & Chilli Seed Bank HQ Sydney !

Welcome from Fort Worth, Texas

Thanks everyone for the welcome.

The varieties that I've bought so far are:-

Red Caribbean,
Hungarian Black
Chicken Heart
Red Savina
Capsican Salsa mix
Cayenne lilac
Red Habanero
Jamaican Hot Yellow
Caysan
Tabasco
Red Cayenne
Birdseye De abilo
and Black Prince.

I'm eagerly waiting for Spring so that I can start to propagate them.

If you would like i could send you some Aji Lemon, Dorset Naga, Goats Weed seeds, pm with addy if interested.

Edit: Forgot to say nice choices of seeds in your list too!

Hello from South Morang, which is only 161 kms from Bendigo according to Google Maps ;)

You'd get a fair bit of frost up there wouldnt you?

MiLK_MaN said:
Hello from South Morang, which is only 161 kms from Bendigo according to Google Maps ;)

You'd get a fair bit of frost up there wouldnt you?

Hi MM,

Actually I'm about 20kms east of Bendigo, which puts me closer to Melbourne and I assume you're about 15kms north of Melb. so I'd estimate that I'm more like 115kms from you. Bendigo is 150kms from Melbourne (up the Calder).
Yes, we do get a few frosts, maybe two or three bad ones per winter. I'd only start propagating in spring and I'd start them off and keep them indoors until they're fairly well established, does that sound like the right thing to do?

I forgot to mention that I've also bought some:-

White Habanero
Quintisho
Thai Purple
and Birdseye seeds as well to add to my above list, but they havn't arrived yet.

and thanks again to all the welcomes from everybody.

Peter.

Back