Hi from central Texas

I'm new, but I've lurked here for six months. I have been growing peppers for around 5 or 6 years. This year I got a late start germinating. I've got Bhut Jolokia, a Red Habanero (given to me) w/ thick skin?, Aji Yellow 2, Bailey Piquin, Tabasco, Cowhorn, and an Orange Habanero. I had a lot of aphid trouble early and the 37 days of 38'C+ put a serious pause on everything. They seem to have pulled thru and are all around knee high with pods and blooms on them.

I also have two 2nd year plants, Fatalii and Lemon Drop. They are monsters. The Lemon Drop produced a lot before the heatwave and now is loaded again. I have usually dried peppers and froze some last year but I was thinking of pickling some of the Lemon Drops this year.

Thanks for havin me!

Mike

Welcome from Missouri, great to have you on here Mike! The more experienced people on here means more people to help newbs like me keep from killing everything we try to grow:lol: You may be new to the forum, but I like you already..........FATALII:hell: Later sir.

Hey there Mike, mind if I call you Frank? (sorry, that's an on going Monty Python joke at our house)

Anyways, welcome Oakland, California....

Welcome from Fort Worth

Thanks for the welcome!

Thanks everyone! Looking forward to posting pics when the haul comes in. I also can't wait to aquire seeds of 7 pots, tr. scorpian, and others I've seen here.

Cheers and Beers to all

I'm not telling you anything you don't know... fresh peppers are THE BEST. I've shied away from freezing them in place of drying them to grind into powder. THP is THE best source for anything pepper related. Welcome from Miami!

Back