• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

HillBilly Jeff's 2014 Adventure - Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!!

HillBilly Jeff said:

Just throwing this up here to plan out my list for next year.  Looking at some changes to my grow next year.

Bodeen said:
Just throwing this up here to plan out my list for next year.  Looking at some changes to my grow next year.

Anxious for these to get ripe.

10592681_10202694377950662_5291245550773456637_n.jpg

Nice varieties in that pull Jeff. The Yellow Fatalii was my fav last year. Didn't grow them this year. I got too caught up in the supers this year. With every pod sample, I'm narrowing down 2015 grow. Those pods in your last post spare great looking. Please forgive my Capsicum education. What is that variety?

Thanks for sharing

OCD Chilehead said:
Nice varieties in that pull Jeff. The Yellow Fatalii was my fav last year. Didn't grow them this year. I got too caught up in the supers this year. With every pod sample, I'm narrowing down 2015 grow. Those pods in your last post spare great looking. Please forgive my Capsicum education. What is that variety?

Thanks for sharing

Limo Rojo.

I see I am not the only one thinking towards next season's grow already.

I think I love this new drink. 

2 cups honeydew
1/2 medium cuke
1/4 lime peeled
1 cup spinach
1 cup ice

I go a little lighter on the cuke and I double the lime.  Once I get my kale back up and running I will try adding some of that and some chard.  Talk about a vitamin packed drink!!!

Those of you with a raised bed and/or row covers, where did you get your plastic covering?  

What about cheap clamps to clamp the plastic down?

Also looking for sun screen netting for the same purpose.

Much appreciated.

HillBilly Jeff said:
Those of you with a raised bed and/or row covers, where did you get your plastic covering?  

What about cheap clamps to clamp the plastic down?

Also looking for sun screen netting for the same purpose.

Much appreciated.
My sun screen was for an RV awning. Was half the price for the same size. Check something like that for a deal.
So dry here. Need rain too.

I like the look of those pickle jars.......any Garlic or Chili's inside.

i made a Gastrique for some Bass last week using beets, vinegar, sugar and pickling spices.and water....it pureed up nicely in the blender.

I see your getting some color in the garden, it's been too dry here lately. This is the 1st season I've seen a few pods with holes in them...earwigs.

Your photo of the Jamaican Red Hab is classic....that's the perfect shape

PIC 1 said:
I like the look of those pickle jars.......any Garlic or Chili's inside.

i made a Gastrique for some Bass last week using beets, vinegar, sugar and pickling spices.and water....it pureed up nicely in the blender.

I see your getting some color in the garden, it's been too dry here lately. This is the 1st season I've seen a few pods with holes in them...earwigs.

Your photo of the Jamaican Red Hab is classic....that's the perfect shape

The main two ingredients in those pickles are brown sugar and vinegar.  My uncle's brother had a ton of pickle recipes, he is in his 90s now, and I am giving that one a try for the first time this year.  I do have some hot peppers in my refrigerator pickles.  

Dry here as well.  It looked as Chicago north got some good rain today.  Hope you were able to get some of that.

I am hoping I fall in love with the JA Red.  Not too much in love with Chinense reds after taste, but I am really in love with all the hab family.

Back