• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

HillBilly Jeff's 2014 Adventure - Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!!

HillBilly Jeff said:

Just throwing this up here to plan out my list for next year.  Looking at some changes to my grow next year.

Bodeen said:
Just throwing this up here to plan out my list for next year.  Looking at some changes to my grow next year.

I forgot to add a pepper

10590577_10202844640947143_3773586334768660992_n.jpg

Very nice pull indeed Jeff. Nice fresh healthy pods. Are you making anything special with them? Is last pod a Reaper? Looks hot.

Thanks for sharing Jeff.

Have a great day.

Nice haul Jeff!

Just treat the ferment like any other sauce and leave out the vinegar, of course test the PH. John posted he added coffee (a cup) and Bourbon (cup also) , I tried this and it knocked the lactic acid overtones.

Looking good! Trying to catch up on blogs, been pressed for time lately and fallen way behind.

I like the hoops.

Hopefully next spring I'll have the energy to terrace off and have a frost cover option. This fall my plants are going to die on schedule as nature commands. Are we close to the same latitude or are you further south than me? (I'm roughly "kokomo" in latitude if you were to transplant me to Indiana.)

Just wondering if we might have a comparable frost date.

TrentL said:
Looking good! Trying to catch up on blogs, been pressed for time lately and fallen way behind.

I like the hoops.

Hopefully next spring I'll have the energy to terrace off and have a frost cover option. This fall my plants are going to die on schedule as nature commands. Are we close to the same latitude or are you further south than me? (I'm roughly "kokomo" in latitude if you were to transplant me to Indiana.)

Just wondering if we might have a comparable frost date.

I am farther north than you.  Just about an hour south of Lake Michigan.

Jeff,

I used 1.5" PVC about 11"s long and hammered them in flush, then stuck the 3/4" inside. I would think rebar would have to go in deeper, because of it's diameter. Perhaps a 2' piece hammered in 18"s.

Also on the hoops you already setup, a horizontal piece wired in will really stiffen things up.

Example:

358.JPG

I like the idea of the bigger pvc hammered in.  The only reason I mentioned rebar is cause I have quite a few stakes of them already.  I am think 24-30 inches long.

Was thinking screwing in a furring strip from the top, but I think wiring in a pvc piece should work just as well.

Many thanks.

I wired mine in, and made it tight. This really added rigidity to the frame and taking it down was easier than using screws.

And yeah, the larger sized PVC worked great. We get some serious winds from the north in pre-spring, and they held perfectly. Cool thing is I had the material..packrat you know :shh:

Back