Hiya from Oz

Sickmont said:
Better late than never, so here goes:

Greetings from Florida, the land of the 3 R's....
Relax
Retire
Re-vote!
You forgot the fourth one...
Dead Old People

Yes...that does start with an "R"...your eyes are fooling you if you think different... :lol:

Recidivists is another one.

Is there a name for "spooky satanists living in swampy areas"* that starts with an R?

*(or so I hear)

no,,,no not Republicans:shocked: , anything but them.

Rather Respondent Really

Oh yer...& big Hiya to everyone who's said g'day in their own funny language :lol:

welcome to the boards! funny you mention "droughtville" i just read an article not too long ago about that and they mentioned snakes moving into populated areas in search of water. (i'm sure you are aware you have some fairly venomous snakes down there.) they are pretty shy though so try not to cut off their heads if you don't have to.

xgrafcorex said:
welcome to the boards! funny you mention "droughtville" i just read an article not too long ago about that and they mentioned snakes moving into populated areas in search of water. (i'm sure you are aware you have some fairly venomous snakes down there.) they are pretty shy though so try not to cut off their heads if you don't have to.

I've met a few of the locals...woke up with a King Brown on my chest....4 hrs from nearest doctor, 6 from hospital...amazing how calm u can be if you are scared in just the right way.
Aust.jpg

Another place I stayed had a steady year round turnover of red-bellied black snakes inside the house...got a few skins & ended up eating a few...quite tasty really {see Dog Recipe post}

clip_image006.jpg

wont go into the red-backs, funnel webs, millipedes & scorpions...gardening here is an extreme sport :lol:

my 100th post...i found a home :lol:

crappy weather in Sydney, it's sprinkling now at 8:30am. probably spend the weekend online etc. have a good break.

ps - let me know if you want some of the preservative I mentioned in the jerky thread.

Mark

Does sound tasty

I went down to Bunnings yesterday to check out the smokers, but they had a 12 V fridge/esky there ex display stock...i hammered them down to $50 ($200 unit) along with the potting mix & wetting agent I blew this weeks budget. Have been chasing one of those eskies for a while.

Im away next week. Week after I'll get smoker & solar dehydrator stuff.

You will let me know if you & your beautiful chilliwoman want a holiday in the sun. I can book you in at the beach house - it's just north of Hervey Bay but no one goes there...whole bay to yourselves. House is 50 M from the sand (private frontage). Good swimming & fishing.

http://www.linksdisk.com/scoville/First_Day_Fishing.JPG

http://www.linksdisk.com/scoville/day101.jpg

Honestly did get to update my site tonight.

holiday house offer open to any THP regs coming to QLD.

I'll be planting some chilies up there next week, keep you going when you arrive.

....Yes, taking some plants on holiday with me {Johnny pepper seed}

Back