• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

hooda's Grow 2012 - Rise of the Clones

So today i just transplanted my first set of seedlings that are about 3 weeks old now and have started my new seeds I just got from pepperlover.com today.

3 week old peppers are:

Manzano
Gochu
Caribbean Red
Jalapeno
Cayenne
Bhut Jolokia
Fatalii
Aji Lemon
Aji Chuncho
Tepin
Red Habanero
Scotch Bonnet TFM
Maui Thai
7 Pod Yellow

Transplants were done a bit early for some but I think it was for the best as they were all in jiffy pellets and some of the seedlings were starting to root past the pellet and starting to dry out faster than I was comfortable with.

trans.jpg

Pepperlover.com was awesome and threw in Orange Hab, Red Hab, and Aji Chuncho with my order
icon_smile.gif
Also all of the seedlings I'm growing I still have extra seeds if anyone is interested in some trades.

Nice job on the video! You handled the pain well, I mean you calmly said your head was getting fuzzy and you had a hard time talking, but kept your cool. Amazing.

Nice job on the video! You handled the pain well, I mean you calmly said your head was getting fuzzy and you had a hard time talking, but kept your cool. Amazing.
Thanks! Yeah, the pain on my face doesn't show how much I was hurting on the inside.

Wow... How do you walk with b@%%s that big? I assure you I wouldn't be laughing if I was present, cuz I've only been halfway up the ladder and have no desire to climb up the rest of the way to "see the sights". The comedians have no idea and less empathy.

Your gochus are lookin' great. Think you'll be making any gochu jeon? Cheers

Wow... How do you walk with b@%%s that big? I assure you I wouldn't be laughing if I was present, cuz I've only been halfway up the ladder and have no desire to climb up the rest of the way to "see the sights". The comedians have no idea and less empathy.

Your gochus are lookin' great. Think you'll be making any gochu jeon? Cheers
Lol.

I'm not sure what I'm going to be doing with all the gochus as of yet, but I'm sure they will be used in many Korean dishes to come.

Nice bud!!! You handled it really well for how hot that sucker was!!! You have a pretty good heat tolerance there bro! I found found it very hard to talk when I ate my first super hot, so well done there!!! I think you are going to make a great reviewer!!!! :)

Nice bud!!! You handled it really well for how hot that sucker was!!! You have a pretty good heat tolerance there bro! I found found it very hard to talk when I ate my first super hot, so well done there!!! I think you are going to make a great reviewer!!!! :)
Thanks! I'm not sure if it is a tolerance thing or just the size of the pod that affected my response. We'll see as I do more of these videos. Thanks for the support.

Thanks! I'm not sure if it is a tolerance thing or just the size of the pod that affected my response. We'll see as I do more of these videos. Thanks for the support.

No problem bro! size of pod usually makes a little difference and of course where and how the plant/s are grown :) I only water my plants when they wilt, so far the pods have been very hot even though the weather is cooler here

So here is another review(?) of me eating a Yellow Brain Strain. I'm not sure how well this one flows or even gives you all you need for it to be a review. The weirdest thing when I ate this one was that it made time really slow down for me and it made me really fuzzy with my thoughts( which is lingering still ). The taste wasn't really anything to describe other than it was bitter, acidic, and chinense flavored. No sweetness that I could detect, nor any fruitness taste or smell. Anyway I have some more that I'll do this weekend if not tomorrow.

Edit: Oh and sorry for the rambling I was doing in this one, I really didn't know how bad it was until I watched it again. This brain really got me all messed up with how I could focus on the task at hand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Tmf1gRR-OmI

Awesome review bro! Those brains will mess somebody up pretty good, but it looked like it didnt even really bother you! Way to deal with the heat from that beast!

Great review Hooda. You handled that Brain like a champ.

Sucks about the infestation. I feel you pain. Keep zapping them basturds and cut the most infected foilage off. Sometimes that will work.

For the bac leaf spot believe it or not spray with 1/2 skim milk 1/2 water and that will knock it out fast. But remove the most infected leaves.

Best of luck and never give up the fight :fireball:

Great video man. It is crazy how some peppers can really mess up your mind. Most of the time I am fine and can think, but every once in a while I get a true Mind F@&$.

That thing had a great shape to it too. Almost mushroom like.

Well done on the review! I couldn't tell you were messed up - thought it went well. Those things are so stinkin hot it's tough to think.
Good luck with the plant issues - I hope it turns around for you.

1. First-great reviews ,REALLY hot those 2. Seems the more placenta...the more bitter the pepper is when "podded"(eatin the whole thing). After frying my brains out a time or 2(heat testing you go for a half,vertically cut or whole) , I generally just go with munching at meals with food-leave the seed/placenta core; I don't need to be endurance tested every day. My response to "why don't you eat it whole" is to cut in half vertically-and say have at it"sport"(people HATE to be called "sport" with my creative inflection;) walk your talk????Nah , they never do;)!They point is that the bitter taste isn't really present as much in the lower placental ribs,or the outer pod.Douglahs make great powder , but to me they like A$$$! when they are fresh.

2. Those spikey Fatalli's are pretty tough lookin! Nice.

3. How are the Fatvina's(yes , I made that up!....) on taste?
Have a good one -
Dave

1. First-great reviews ,REALLY hot those 2. Seems the more placenta...the more bitter the pepper is when "podded"(eatin the whole thing). After frying my brains out a time or 2(heat testing you go for a half,vertically cut or whole) , I generally just go with munching at meals with food-leave the seed/placenta core; I don't need to be endurance tested every day. My response to "why don't you eat it whole" is to cut in half vertically-and say have at it"sport"(people HATE to be called "sport" with my creative inflection;) walk your talk????Nah , they never do;)!They point is that the bitter taste isn't really present as much in the lower placental ribs,or the outer pod.Douglahs make great powder , but to me they like A$$$! when they are fresh.

2. Those spikey Fatalli's are pretty tough lookin! Nice.

3. How are the Fatvina's(yes , I made that up!....) on taste?
Have a good one -
Dave
The "Fatvina's" flavor has a strong chinense flavor that is bit sour(?), citrusy with a hint of fruityness almost sweet. ;) Or just a typical Fatalii with double the chinense flavor and sweetness. The heat with the ones coming off my plant seem to be Fatalii heat leaning toward Red Savina level. For me its pretty much all tongue burn, and by burn I mean just straight pain. :mouthonfire:

Although I really don't like tongue burn, these are one of my favorites.

Behold my super havest! :party:

Caribbean Red, 7 Pot/pod (funky shaped), twin Fatalii, and Fatalii
0497a6cb.jpg

Actually I cheated.. the CR and 7 were picked yesterday lol. Anyway even in this heat we've been getting 86° F with 53% humidity uhg, I have gotten six manzanos to set finally! Well I'm off to stay cool. Later

Back