Hop Lovers Unite!

Maharaj is awesome..not sure why I didn't think about that when I mentioned Avery IPA heh. Good call! :cheers:

Here was a good one that isn't in production anymore..was limited to start with. ;)

IMG_1410.jpg

You should try it while you can. Hopefully they kept them in decent conditions. I think I wrote a review about it in the review thread.

I was a little underwhelmed with the Maharaja the first I tried it. It's time to give it another day in court.

DD, if you find Left hand's Twin Sisters for 6 bucks that quite a deal* because they originally went for 12-14 ea. I have a bottle in my beer vault but have never actually sampled it.

*Unless they have been stored in some warehouse with no AC. 100˚+ does beer no favors.

Surprised you didn't like the Maharaj that much Chuk..then again, I don't know exactly what you are into. I thought it was really good.

As for the Twin Sisters..you should've bought two..one to taste and one to age. The thing about aging an IPA...my understanding at least..is that the hoppy edge fades with aging. So if you are looking for an even better tasting IPA..you might not get it! Aparently the hop bitterness is a quality that is eventually lost. Ross is the one that gave me that bit of info.

Chimay Blue for me its Friday and Just love the taste of this a lovely complex..O my god its stronger than i realized drop of Belgium Genius :lol:

talas said:
Chimay Blue for me its Friday and Just love the taste of this a lovely complex..O my god its stronger than i realized drop of Belgium Genius :lol:

This next wednesday is Chimay glass night at the flying saucer and some kind of party. W00t.

But I picked up a sixer of broken halo for 7 bucks yesterda and that is some great stuff. I feel bad for neglecting this stuff, I've been too busy buying new beers and not showing this one enough love so I had to some. Good call too, can never go wrong with this stuff.

Txclosetgrower,

Broken Halo is one of my favorites....sometime Bevmo has it for $10.99 a 12 pk and ill get 2...

Lagunitas and Stone are others that always find a way into my rotation

I am loaded down with great brews right now...I have bombers in every nook and cranny of my fridge (my buddy even gave me a bottle of his home-brew Anchor Steam Knock-off last night after we split one at his house....WOW!)

Having a bomber of 2008 Sierra Nevada "Wet Hop" Harvest Ale tonight....it is so amazingly good...

Your next mission (if you choose to accept)....

-Sierra Nevada Anniversary Ale
-Sierra Nevada "Wet Hop" Harvest Ale (NOT the Southern Hemisphere blend...and youll know the Southern Hemisphere because the Hops are from New Zealand and they dont taste good or smell familiar...but the Wet Hop Harvest is KILLER GOOD!)

http://www.sierranevada.com/beers/anniversary.html
http://www.sierranevada.com/beers/harvest.html

Sweetwater IPA: it's like getting punched in the face with grapefruit

I am pounding these things down like they are brewed with crack.

Untie..............hmmmmmmm.......

I've GOT IT!

At the end of the season, you "untie" the long string that the hops have grown up, and let it down to make harvest easier!

This is different from harvesting peppers, because there is one harvest after lots of anticipation, and maybe a smaller late harvest from really healthy vines that produce after the initial climax.....MUCH LIKE SEX!!!!!!!;)

I am not making this up.

So HOPS lovers... UNTIE!!!

Back