food HOT dogs

The Hot Pepper said:
Last two dogs look awesome! I love a classic chili (no bean) dog like that, on the softest cheap white bun possible, yeah. I would have added diced raw onions. Usually not a fan of the raw onion but they do something magical to a chili dog.

The sausage "sub" looks like a real gut bomb... let's call it the Torpedo
I agree with everything you say here, down to the raw onion.   That is about the only time I like a raw onion myself.

Awesome dogs in here.

Yup!

Now JayT, get in on this. Your status says you are cooking dogs. Go chili, or go home!

I had dogs last night and was very bummed to find out none of my venison chili was left after the party. I drank way too much to recall and all of yesterday was hungover chef. 

Decided to go with left over spicy slaw with dijon and raw slivered red onions....grilled dogs and some box mac-n-cheese. Think my liver is still recovering.

No chili on these dogs.  I split grilled them, sauced them with a serrano bbq sauce I am reviewing, then grated up some extra sharp cheddar and put them in the oven for a minute to melt the cheese and toast the bun a little.  Then diced sweet onion, some of Pex' Hornetbomb and my medium salsa. 

101_0041.JPG

101_0042.JPG

101_0045.JPG

Edit:  forgot to mention the sport peppers!  Gotta have them.  Thanks Rawk.

The last pic is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ no need for the others. Can see it all!

Nice!

Back