food HOT dogs

You and Jay are two peas in a pod. 'Cept you're a vegan pea.

Answer to your question THP, if you split it, you get more surface area to char.  Gives the whole thing MORE snap actually.

I guess you learned the hard way.

JayT said:
I don't really have a name for this one, but it could be Gutbuster, Dietbuster, Homewrecker, whatever

Two split grilled all beef dogs, two slices bacon, chorizo con queso, hot mustard, Katrina's Smoke Red Jalapeno sauce, diced sweet onion, celery salt (for Burns) and jalapenos on a hoagie bun.  Dig it.

attachicon.gif
100_0224.JPG

attachicon.gif
100_0225.JPG

Holy crapballs that looks good! I need a towel to clean up all my drool! Definitely going to have to try something like this soon.

When we get the 1/4lb hot dogs I like to split them unless they are from my butcher then the skins have nice snap - The Hebrew nationals or the Warehouse brands I like to split them for char in the middle or its like eating a mini-bologna with chili and queso

Don't think I've posted in here yet.

Top dog is a cheese kransky.  Mustard on both is American.
Bottom dog is a cured chorizo.  They were both grilled on a cast iron griddle

PB241661_zps61a6bfba.jpg

The onion and the bacon were both fried in butter over low heat for around 20 minutes.

PB241663_zpsd7327850.jpg

Three cheese mix (Parmesan, Colby and Gouda) out from the grill

PB241668_zps30225ece.jpg

Thin sliced dill pickle and habanero

PB241669_zpsb54751a8.jpg

Not technically a hot dog dog in them :shrug:  Still tasty.

PB241672_zpsc5b73d49.jpg

Holy Moly!!!!...... Kransky FTW!!!!...... id take that in two bites!!... with a sip'o'beer in between :dance:

.....although .......kransky, onion, mustard, pickles, habs, mustard and 3 CHEESES..... id be steering well clear of any guests tomorrow :shh: :rofl:

Split and CI grilled cured chorizo (L) with Bhut paste and cheese kransky (R.) with green thai chilli.
PB251675_zpsac748e28.jpg

On the chorizo is Spanish olives stuffed with anchovy paste.  On the cheese kransky is mustard/sriracha/habanero sauce and dill pickle.

PB251677_zps78bcd845.jpg

The cheese kranksy is finished with gouda, parmesan and colby cheesesesses and finely sliced onion.  Then under the grill for a couple of minutes.

PB251679_zps31db2168.jpg

Digging the dawgs at the mo. 

Left looks like a salt overload.

I'll take what's on the right please!

Those olives were not salty at all.  All the salt came from the anchovy paste.  I inhaled half the jar before they made it to the dawg.  The jar didn't even last a day ;)

Back