food HOT dogs

This happened...

bSt2wOJ.jpg

Tourist crap. You did the right thing.

By red sauce is it that sauteed onion mush in tomato mush?

I can't believe you tried one, lol. You are brave.

The Hot Pepper said:
By red sauce is it that sauteed onion mush in tomato mush?

I can't believe you tried one, lol. You are brave.
Yeah that red sauce.... nasty. It was a whim decision... I was on a food eating rampage, and walked past it... figured I should try it. Super gross. Y'all can keep your hot dogs, but please send those 99 cent pizza slices this way... maybe with some knishes...

That stuff is nasty. It's like onions cooked so long they turn to slime in a tomato base, it tastes vile. Only drunks and tourists eat them. Hope you got some real coal oven NY pizza, not just the tourist 99 cent slice. :)

Ha, we did, just had to try 99 cent pizza.  Pretty much spent all of friday eating and drinking. 

Actually I spent the whole trip drinking 'cause... Happy Birthday to me.

You could have given the rest of that nasty thing to a stray dog or something. ;)   Nice pics btw and a late happy bday.

Nice Job Hops! Thats a good dog right there... I don't much care for Nathan's.  Vienna Beef or Chicago Red Hots for me...  but nice relish! 

Nate sport peppers are a mysterious Chicago pickled hot pepper...

I couldn't get Vienna or Chicago Red Hots today, so had to settle on the Nathan's.
The relish must glow in the dark!
It's faded out in the pic from the iPad and celery salt over it, but trust... It is its own light source

sicman said:
bobs is this bbq place in lavergne tn. there was one in smyrna until it burnt. anyways thats the first and only experience i have with slaw dog. they were ok but it was hard to pass up the pulled pork or brisket for a hot dog.
I'll have to try it out, as it is only about 6 or 7 miles from me . . . still learning about the places around here.

Back