• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

HOT dogs

I think it is high time that we start giving one of the US' trademark foods it's due. There are a million ways to make a hot dog, and I have had many, but I have a freezer full of hot dogs (I seem to never be able to pass them up when on sale), and I need some ideas. I propose this thread as a place to show off your hot dog prowess. Let's make them creative and of course HOT! I don't have a get started pic as this just came to me and I have just eaten, but I promise to chime in with some pics soon. In the meantime, what is YOUR favorite dog?

It was one of the few things my dad made when my mom wasn't home. I have to leave this thread. I want francheezies, pigs in a blanket and sauerkraut. I rarely eat hot dogs but I love them like this. Almost bedtime and having cravings!

At least as a restaurant item, I have heard that it is a local thing. I'm sure at home people outside of the area must have made this. If you make this please post pics. I want everyone to see how yummy this looks.

I gotta try this francheezie dog, thanks pileiton! Tomorrow night I'm hosting a neighbor get together hot dog grilling. I've bought a ton of the herbrew national brawts and regulars and I'm making a Scorpion chili topping for those willing, but I've gotta try these bacon wrapped cheese concoctions! :woohoo:

btw, does anyone remember the Hormel Frank and Stuff dogs back in the 80's? Those dogs rocked!

Hoping to try one of these two places soon. The first has daily special in addition to the regular menu and today's are tempting.
linky 1 The second has some game choice and several spiced up dips for the fries.
linky 2

PI, never eatin at Fred's but you can't beat Vienna Beef dogs that are at Fred's. Their spicy polish is killer and the best tasting dog I ever had. Trying to get ahold of those dogs is expensive if you don't have a franchise, but damn they're good. :dance: :dance: :dance: They're available here in CA at Lowe's on the Woody's hot dog carts.

Braahaha...my evil laugh....

I present my Atomic Buffalo Dogs in a Blanket! :shocked:

Say it isn't so......

YEP!!!

Defcon #1 infused Hot Dogs :D
DSCF4328.jpg

DSCF4329.jpg

DSCF4330.jpg

more to come...

Braahaha...my evil laugh....

I present my Atomic Buffalo Dogs in a Blanket! :shocked:

Say it isn't so......

YEP!!!

Defcon #1 infused Hot Dogs :D
DSCF4328.jpg

DSCF4329.jpg

DSCF4330.jpg

more to come...

You are a madman, I seez :rofl:

How did they turn out?

You just gave me an idea for Polish hot dogs and kielbasa that I MUST put too use :)

I saw an Oklahoma hot dog on Diners,Driveins and Dives and thought of this thread :dance:

Beer batter dipped and deep fried :)

Thanks for the encouragement guys....

Now I know TB definitely can't eat these :D :rofl:

Here they are in various stages of doneness.
DSCF4331.jpg

Chili Sauce
DSCF4332.jpg

Add the cheese
DSCF4333.jpg

Melted cheese to a glorious gooieness
DSCF4334.jpg

My dad used to make these but not all spicy! Yummy Pf.

My dad to, called em 'pigs in a blanket'

These Defcon infused dogs are awesome! What a perfect blend of flavors, and heat. While doing these up, I thought maybe I had gone mad. :lol: But, after having eaten a couple, THEY ARE OUT OF WORLD!!! Now I just wish I didn't have to work later, a beer would go great with these. :lol:

Back