food HOT dogs

paulky_2000 said:

At first.....I was thinking I might scare everyone.....

....but then, I thought: "Why not?"

So, here's tonight's dinner. It's a combination of dogs......a vindaloo-ish chili (made with Patak's), and a traditional Coney.....

We shall call them....Vinda-Dogs!.......

Chili-Loo?......no no no....not that!

Either way....it's going to burn both ends:

It was GUUUUUUUDDD!

Dude I would love to see more pics of your weiner.

I can tell your onions still have a bite to them the way they hold up. I'm still not a big fan of the onions in sauce though. It's still a ketchup vibe on a dog. :)

Husker21 said:
Onions in  sauce on weiner wednesday.  I sauteed onion and a frozen yellow scorpion CARDI.  Hit it it with some plain tomatoe sauce and a little ketchup, and some s&p.  Let it all simmer together until the onions were nice and soft.  Hit these dogs with some dijon and then topped with the kicked up onions.  I don't love those fries.  The brand is Alexa.  These are their low fat version.  They just don't brown up the way I like.  Plenty crispy they just look blonde.

gallery_8228_122_252523.jpg

gallery_8228_122_332330.jpg

Those are microwaved!!!

Husker21 said:
The dogs or the fries?  I assure you they were both baked in the oven. :)

JayT said:
That sure looks like microwaved dogs to me...

I believe you, I'm just disappointed.

Wait. Jay doesn't like oven dogs????????????

HOLY S&*(!!!

jay_no_oven.png

PS. How the hell would you think you could tell how they are cooked by the little end piece? They are totally covered in onions!!!!

But... but... you were WRONG!!!

A-HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Making Coneys today. I spent alllll day yesterday making a darned fine version of an authentic hot dog chili...I''m actually pretty proud of it!

After cooking for 9 hours.....and sleeping in the fridge overnight......I think it'll work.

(WAY too much effort for a hot dog!)......

More to follow as the world around me attempts to catch up with how awesome I am....

Back