food HOT dogs

A lil late on the covo but I prefer ketchup on my dogs and only light stone ground mustard... can't do that crappy yellow vinegar.

For meatloaf I mix ketchup, brownsugar, lil bit worcestershire and some garlic.  

Wifey made some swedish meatballs for dinner last night. Gave me acid reflux so bad I was vomiting blood..... This is why I do all the cooking...

grantmichaels said:
I like ketchup ... actually, I buy Heinz Chili Sauce, but they relatively the same ...

I like ketchup on eggs half of the time (vs sriracha or just a lot of cheese or sour cream) ...

I like ketchup w/ fries half of the time (vs mayo) ...

I like ketchup on overcooked beef, and certainly tightened up a little on the top of some meatloaf ...

I like it on tater tots, too ...

Why are we hating on ketchup again? ...

I might need ketchup more than most people, though, because my horseradish aversion limits the number of applications for mustard in my world ...

Rules out horseradish sauce, wasabi concoctions, and even makes me like Worcestershire in only limited applications as well ...

Hah, I could have just as easily wrote that. I can melt my face off and gladly take the pain the next day, but can't really wrap my tongue around the taste of wasabi or horseradish. If I make a roast, I'll whip up a little horseradish cream sauce for the table, but other wise almost never touch the stuff.

I really miss the Korean hot dog stand in town. Kimchi brat-dog was one of the best dogs I've ever had, close to the king (very old steamed dog/bun, with yeller mustard :D)

4 in the morning 7-11 dogs are also choice :rofl:

miguelovic said:

Hah, I could have just as easily wrote that. I can melt my face off and gladly take the pain the next day, but can't really wrap my tongue around the taste of wasabi or horseradish. If I make a roast, I'll whip up a little horseradish cream sauce for the table, but other wise almost never touch the stuff.

I really miss the Korean hot dog stand in town. Kimchi brat-dog was one of the best dogs I've ever had, close to the king (very old steamed dog/bun, with yeller mustard :D)

4 in the morning 7-11 dogs are also choice :rofl:

I stick to the pressed cuban at 7-11 ... but, yeah ...

cheers!

This!

Essegi said:

idCkz1Gj16JXk.jpg

Grill-Pressed Dirty-Water Dog Sliders. Brilliant!

Ess made a dog burger!!!

That woudn't make it to the table in my house. 
I'd take it off the sandwich bot and just start eating. 
I'd let the others stay on the warm grill, too (in the off position), and not tell anyone else they were ready!

Onions in  sauce on weiner wednesday.  I sauteed onion and a frozen yellow scorpion CARDI.  Hit it it with some plain tomatoe sauce and a little ketchup, and some s&p.  Let it all simmer together until the onions were nice and soft.  Hit these dogs with some dijon and then topped with the kicked up onions.  I don't love those fries.  The brand is Alexa.  These are their low fat version.  They just don't brown up the way I like.  Plenty crispy they just look blonde.

gallery_8228_122_252523.jpg

gallery_8228_122_332330.jpg

Looks good!

For comparison, looks way better than:
dirty_water_dog.jpg
sabrett_onions_in_sauce.jpg

JayT said:
Hey everyone, show us your wieners! 

At first.....I was thinking I might scare everyone.....

....but then, I thought: "Why not?"

So, here's tonight's dinner. It's a combination of dogs......a vindaloo-ish chili (made with Patak's), and a traditional Coney.....

We shall call them....Vinda-Dogs!.......

Chili-Loo?......no no no....not that!

Either way....it's going to burn both ends:

It was GUUUUUUUDDD!

Back