• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

hot peppers!

I like tepins there tiny and give a punch keep them in vinager for a while then eat them yummy!

The Bahamian Goat Pepper is mine... it's got that sweet flavour of the Red Savina with the bite of a nasty old scotch bonnet...

We like to make poppers out of them, but ouch, they hot!

T

gotta admit i could just sit down and eat a jar of jalapenos like pop corn...for my chili i like habeneros...great heat and it hits the back of the toung so the jalapeno and other heat can be enjoyed and then..........wamo alot of good heat.

I would have to say I prefer the Hungarian Wax. Not super hot but yet is quite flavorful. Mostly i fry these with some sweet peppers and maybe something a little hotter and smother my steak with them.

My favorite all purpose chile is the Fresno. It has a bit more heat than the jalapeno, but not so hot that it overwhelms the dish.

I'm trying out some new chiles this year though. Perhaps I'll find a new favorite. ;)

The fresno is one im growing this year for the first time. So will have to see how I like it. I did eat one of my bolivian rainbows the other day. I have to say it wasnt as hot as i was expecting and had an interesting unique flavor. I cant wait until more are ripe to try them in some ways.

I hear the rainbow chiles are more for looks than eating, but they sure are pretty. I think you'll like the fresnos. They have great flavor. I put them in my eggs almost every morning during the summertime. I'm growing four of them this year.

Tina Brooks said:
The Bahamian Goat Pepper is mine... it's got that sweet flavour of the Red Savina with the bite of a nasty old scotch bonnet...

We like to make poppers out of them, but ouch, they hot!

T

Wow. In between a habanero and scotch bonnet? That sounds yummie. I like the flavor and smell of any habanero variety. They are kind of the "un" pepper, they are so unique in flavor and aroma. I'd love to try goat peppers, but I doubt I can score any around here.

Where could I get some seeds? Sounds like a fall project to me.

yea staffing,you took the taste right out of my mouth.Habanero any kind any time but i have to try the goat pepper.(or should i say you put the taste in my mouth) mmmm habanero.

You can only get the goat pepper in the Bahamas. We simulate the flavour using scotch bonnies and habs (Red Savinas) when we can't get them, and I think the Peppermaster is brilliant at getting the flavour as well as the heat of the goat, but the goat holds its heat just that much longer. It's worth a trip to Nassau.

Speaking of which... One of these days, we're planning to arrange a Goat Pepper Festival in Nassau... Anyone think they might be interested?

T

why sure tina, pick me up on your way by.But really,sounds great to me.I'd be interested.My wife could sure use the break.It's a wonderful thing that your doing on the breast cancer awareness on your website.My wife just got done with the chemotherapy,radiation,masectomy,the whole deal.She almost didn't make it.But now her hair is growing back and so far so good.She's alway's wanted to go to the Bahamma's,Maybe I'll surprise her one day.

Tina Brooks said:
You can only get the goat pepper in the Bahamas. We simulate the flavour using scotch bonnies and habs (Red Savinas) when we can't get them, and I think the Peppermaster is brilliant at getting the flavour as well as the heat of the goat, but the goat holds its heat just that much longer. It's worth a trip to Nassau.

Speaking of which... One of these days, we're planning to arrange a Goat Pepper Festival in Nassau... Anyone think they might be interested?

T

Sign us up. My wife and I don't need much of an excuse to hit the islands. The last two trips have been to the Carib, so we've been talking about getting to the Bahamas anyway.

Well, it's only an idea whose time has come, as yet. BUT... aside from my company mailing list, you guys of course will be the first to hear about the details; once it becomes a reality, that is.

T

While I tend to use mostly thai's or habs my favorite has to be the Hawaiian sweet hot variety I grew last year. The pepper is sweet to the taste and the heat is a bit stronger than a jalapeno.

I have a passionate love affair with the habanero but the humble jalapeno is the pepper I eat every day. I put them in almost everything I eat. Great sliced, on a sandwich...then add habanero sauce to said sandwich...yum.

I also love peanut butter and jalapeno sandwiches.

Back